We’ve all been there. You’re ready to jump on Youtube, but something’s holding you back. It’s that annoying issue where ZenMate VPN isn’t working with Youtube for some unknown reasons. Frustrating, isn’t it? But don’t worry, you’re not alone; this problem is more common than you might think.
In this guide, we’ll explore why ZenMate VPN is not working with Youtube and provide practical solutions to get you back on track. Whether you’re using ZenMate VPN to maintain your privacy or bypass IP Bans, we’ll walk you through the common problems and troubleshooting steps to ensure a smooth Youtube experience.
ZenMate VPN not working with Youtube? Here’s how to fix it!
So, if you’ve been scratching your head, wondering why ZenMate VPN and Youtube aren’t playing nicely together, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make Youtube work while connected to a ZenMate VPN server and fix any issues you may have.
Why is ZenMate VPN not working with Youtube?
While ZenMate VPN is a reliable and popular VPN service, there are times when it’s not working properly with Youtube, and the reason for it isn’t so obvious.
Here are some of the most frequently reported problems when using ZenMate VPN with Youtube:
- Proxy Error Message: This is perhaps the most common issue. When you try to access Youtube, you’re greeted with a message saying you’re using a proxy or VPN, even if you’re using ZenMate VPN.
- Slow Connection Speeds: Sometimes, even if you can access Youtube, the connection might be painfully slow.
- Automatic Disconnection: In some cases, users have reported being disconnected from Youtube without any clear reason.
- Access Denied or Not Loading: Even with ZenMate VPN activated, some users find that they can’t access Youtube at all, with the site simply refusing to load or open.
- Temporary Bans: Youtube might temporarily ban users who are accessing the platform via a VPN.
- Inconsistent Server Connections: While some ZenMate VPN servers might work perfectly with Youtube, others might not, leading to a hit-or-miss experience.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
1. Checking Your Internet Connection
It’s always a good idea to start with the basics. Your internet connection is the backbone of your online activities, and a weak or unstable connection can be the root cause of many issues.
Here’s how you can ensure your internet is up to the task:
- Test Your Speed: Navigate to websites like Speedtest.net or Fast.com to check your internet speed.
- Restart Your Router: Sometimes, simply turning off your router for a minute and then turning it back on can resolve many connectivity issues. It’s a quick fix that often works wonders.
- Test ZenMate VPN: Check if ZenMate VPN is working and changing your IP Address by visiting What is my IP address?
2. Ensuring Your ZenMate VPN App is Up-to-Date
Running outdated ZenMate VPN software can sometimes cause issues, including issues like not allowing you to connect on specific websites like Youtube.
Here’s a quick guide on updating ZenMate VPN:
- Check Your Version: Open ZenMate VPN and go to ‘Settings’ or ‘About’ to see your current version.
- Visit ZenMate VPN’s Website: The official download page will show the latest version.
- Update If Needed: If your version is outdated:
- PC: Download and install the latest version from the website.
- Mobile: Update the app via your device’s app store.
- Restart: After updating, restart both the app and your device.
- Log In Again: You might need to sign back into your ZenMate VPN account.
3. Switching ZenMate VPN Servers
Sometimes, the server you’re connected to might be the issue that ZenMate VPN is not working with Youtube. Switching to a different ZenMate VPN server can often resolve connectivity problems with Youtube.
Here’s how to change VPN servers on ZenMate VPN:
- Open ZenMate VPN: Launch the app on your device.
- Disconnect: If you’re already connected to a server, disconnect from it.
- Choose a Different Server:
- You can select a server from a different country or another within the same country.
- ZenMate VPN also offers specialized servers. Try connecting to one of those.
- Reconnect: Once you’ve selected a new server, connect to it.
- Test Youtube: Visit Youtube and see if the issue persists.
Switching servers can bypass potential regional blocks, VPN server blocks, or overloaded servers, ensuring a smoother experience on Youtube.
4. Clearing Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Over time, your browser saves data from your online activity that can sometimes interfere with how websites, including Youtube, function. Clearing this cache data and cookies can often resolve VPN connectivity or loading issues.
Here’s a quick guide:
- Open Your Browser: Whether you’re using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, launch it.
- Access Settings: Navigate to the browser’s settings or options menu.
- Find Clear Data Option: Look for options like “Clear browsing data“, “Clear cache“, or “Clear cookies and site data“.
- Select Data to Clear: Ensure you’re clearing both cookies and cached images/files. You can choose the time range (e.g., ‘Last hour’, ‘Last 24 hours’, ‘All time’).
- Clear Data: Click on the clear or delete button.
- Restart Browser: Close and reopen your browser.
- Test Youtube: Connect to ZenMate VPN, visit Youtube, and check if the issue has been resolved.
Remember, clearing cookies will log you out of most websites, so have your login credentials handy for any sites you frequently visit. You can always keep all your passwords in one place by using NordPass.
5. Disable IPv6 Addresses
IPv6 is the latest version of the Internet Protocol, but not all platforms and services fully support it yet. Disabling IPv6 can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with Youtube when using ZenMate VPN.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Network Settings:
- Windows: Go to ‘Control Panel‘ > ‘Network and Sharing Center‘ > ‘Change adapter settings‘.
- Mac: Go to ‘System Preferences‘ > ‘Network‘.
- Right-click on Your Connection: This could be your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Access Properties:
- Windows: Choose ‘Properties‘.
- Mac: Click ‘Advanced‘ and go to the ‘TCP/IP‘ tab.
- Locate IPv6:
- Windows: Uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)‘.
- Mac: Set the ‘Configure IPv6‘ option to ‘Link-local only‘.
- Save and Exit: Confirm any changes and close the settings.
- Restart Your Device: This ensures the changes take effect.
- Test Youtube with ZenMate VPN: Try accessing Youtube while connected to a ZenMate VPN server again to see if the issue is resolved.
6. Use Youtube on Your Computer/Laptop
While Youtube is accessible on various devices, including smartphones and tablets, using it on a computer or laptop can sometimes offer a more stable experience.
Here’s why and how:
- Better Stability: Computers and laptops generally have more robust hardware and software, ensuring a smoother browsing experience.
- Easier Troubleshooting: It’s simpler to adjust settings, clear cache, or make other changes on a computer compared to a mobile device.
- VPN Compatibility: Some VPN features or settings might be easier to configure on a computer.
7. Try a Different Browser
Sometimes, the browser itself can be the source of the problem. Switching to a different browser can help identify and potentially resolve the issue. So if you followed all the previous steps and Youtube is still not working while using ZenMate VPN, then do the following:
- Choose an Alternative: If you’re using Chrome, consider trying Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera.
- Install and Update: Ensure that the browser you’re switching to is updated to the latest version.
- Disable Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with VPN connections or website functionality. Start with a clean browser or disable extensions to see if that resolves the issue.
- Access Youtube: With the new browser, connect to ZenMate VPN and visit Youtube and check if the ZenMate VPN issue persists.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and still can’t get Youtube to work seamlessly with ZenMate VPN, it might be time to consider some alternative solutions:
- Try a Different VPN Service: While ZenMate VPN is okay, it’s not the only VPN out there. Try ZenMate VPN, which works flawlessly with Youtube.
- Use a Smart DNS: Smart DNS is a technology that can bypass geo-restrictions without routing your entire connection through a VPN.
- Use a Dedicated IP Address: ZenMate VPN offers a feature where you can get a dedicated IP address, which means it’s only used by you and not shared with other users. This can help bypass blocks that Youtube might have on shared VPN IP addresses.
Why Use ZenMate VPN with Youtube?
Like any online platform, Youtube comes with its own challenges and issues. This is where ZenMate VPN steps in, offering a range of benefits to enhance your Youtube experience:
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: Some countries or networks might restrict access to Youtube. With ZenMate VPN, you can easily bypass these restrictions and access Youtube from anywhere in the world.
- Maintaining Anonymity: Privacy is a concern for many online users. When you use ZenMate VPN with Youtube, your IP address is hidden, ensuring that anything you do remains private and you stay anonymous.
- Avoiding Bans: Sometimes, users might find themselves banned from Youtube for reasons beyond their control. ZenMate VPN allows you to switch to a different IP address, helping you regain access in minutes.
- Improved Connection Stability: A good VPN can offer a more stable connection, reducing the chances of sudden disconnections or lags.
Look, I get it – trying to use Youtube while using ZenMate VPN can sometimes feel like you’re solving a puzzle. But hey, every puzzle has a solution, right? We’ve walked through a bunch of fixes together, and I’m confident one of them will do the trick for you.
Keep your spirits up, give those solutions a shot, and before you know it, you’ll be back to having fun on Youtube.
Why does Youtube block ZenMate VPN?
Youtube might block certain IP addresses associated with VPNs, including ZenMate VPN, to prevent misuse, spam, or other malicious activities. It’s not specific to ZenMate VPN but can affect various VPN services.
Can Youtube ban you for using ZenMate VPN?
Youtube can temporarily ban users for a variety of reasons, not just for using a VPN. If you follow Youtube’s terms of service and use ZenMate VPN for privacy and security, there shouldn’t be an issue.
Are there specific ZenMate VPN servers that work best with Youtube?
It varies based on user location and server load. If one server doesn’t work, try switching to another.
What if I am not using a VPN and still get a proxy error?
This could be due to your network settings or ISP. Check if you’re using a proxy server or if your ISP has certain restrictions. Resetting your internet settings or using a different network might resolve the issue.
Does ZenMate VPN work with Youtube?
Yes, ZenMate VPN can work with Youtube. However, like any VPN service, there might be occasional hiccups or compatibility issues, which can usually be resolved with some troubleshooting.