So, you’ve decided to part ways with Kaspersky VPN on one of your devices? No worries. Whether you’re troubleshooting, freeing up some space, or just exploring other VPN options, knowing how to uninstall Kaspersky VPN from any device correctly is essential.
This guide is here to help you uninstall Kaspersky VPN from any device you may have. We’ll walk you through the steps to remove Kaspersky VPN from various devices and delete any leftovers, ensuring a smooth and clean process.
How to uninstall Kaspersky VPN in 2023
Whatever your reason may be for uninstalling Kaspersky VPN, it’s okay! This guide is here to ensure that the uninstallation process of Kaspersky VPN is as smooth as your favorite ice cream flavor.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Windows
If you’re a Windows user, uninstalling Kaspersky VPN is easy and straightforward.
Here’s how you can uninstall Kaspersky VPN on any Windows device:
- Click on the Windows icon and select “Settings“.
- Navigate to “Apps“.
- Scroll down and find “Kaspersky VPN” in the list.
- Click on it and select “Uninstall“. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from macOS
For Mac users, the process is just as simple.
Here’s how to uninstall Kaspersky VPN on MacOS:
- Open the “Finder” and go to the “Applications” folder.
- Locate “Kaspersky VPN“.
- Drag the Kaspersky VPN icon to the “Trash” or right-click and select “Move to Trash“.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Android
On Android devices:
- Go to your device’s “Settings” and select “Apps” or “Application Manager“.
- Find “Kaspersky VPN” in the list.
- Tap on it and select “Uninstall“.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from iOS
For iPhone and iPad users:
- Find the Kaspersky VPN app on your home screen.
- Press and hold the app icon until it starts to jiggle.
- Tap the “X” that appears on the top left of the icon.
- Confirm the uninstallation when prompted.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Chrome Extension
For those using Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Hover over “More tools” and select “Extensions“.
- Find the Kaspersky VPN extension in the list.
- Click on “Remove” and confirm when prompted.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Firefox Extension
For Firefox users:
- Open Firefox and click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select “Add-ons and Themes” or just “Add-ons“.
- Under “Extensions“, find Kaspersky VPN.
- Click on “Remove” next to the Kaspersky VPN extension.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Android Smart TV
For TVs running on the Android platform:
- Navigate to your TV’s main menu and select “Apps“.
- Find the Kaspersky VPN app in the list.
- Highlight it and select “Uninstall” or “Remove“. Confirm when prompted.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Amazon Fire TV & Fire Stick
For those using Amazon’s streaming devices:
- From the main screen, navigate to “Settings“.
- Select “Applications” and then “Manage Installed Applications“.
- Scroll to find Kaspersky VPN.
- Click on it and select “Uninstall“. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Samsung TV
For Samsung TV owners:
- Press the “Home” button on your remote.
- Navigate to “Apps“.
- Find Kaspersky VPN in the list of installed apps.
- Highlight it, press the “Up” direction on your remote to access the options, and select “Delete“.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from PlayStation (PS5 & PS4)
For PlayStation users:
- Navigate to “Settings” on your console’s main screen.
- Go to “Network Settings” or “Network“.
- Choose “Set Up Internet Connection“.
- Select the connection method you’re using (Wi-Fi or LAN).
- Choose “Custom” and continue without changing any settings until you reach “Proxy Server“.
- Select “Do Not Use” to ensure Kaspersky VPN is disconnected.
(Note: PlayStation consoles don’t have a direct Kaspersky VPN app, but if you’ve set up a VPN through a proxy, these steps will disconnect it.)
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Xbox (Series X, Series S, & Xbox One)
For Xbox users:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then “General“.
- Select “Network settings“.
- Choose “Advanced settings” and then “Alternate MAC address“.
- Select “Clear” to ensure any VPN configurations are removed.
(Note: Like PlayStation, Xbox doesn’t have a direct Kaspersky VPN app. If you’ve set up a VPN connection, these steps will help disconnect it.)
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Steam Deck
For Steam Deck users:
- Navigate to the device’s settings.
- Go to “Network” or “VPN settings“.
- Find Kaspersky VPN in the list and select “Disconnect” or “Remove“.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from Oculus Quest 2
For Oculus Quest users:
- Navigate to your device’s settings.
- Select “See All” and find the Kaspersky VPN app.
- Click on the app and select “Uninstall“.
Removing Kaspersky VPN Configurations from Routers
Setting up Kaspersky VPN on a router means every device connected to the network is protected. But in case you decide to remove it, here’s how:
- Access Your Router’s Admin Page: Typically, you can do this by typing
192.168.0.1into your browser’s address bar. If you’re unsure, check your router’s manual.
- Log In: Use your router’s admin credentials. If you haven’t changed them, the default is often “admin” for both the username and password.
- Navigate to VPN Settings: This might be under “Advanced Settings” or a similar section.
- Disable Kaspersky VPN: There should be an option to disconnect or disable the VPN connection. Select it.
- Remove Configuration Files: If you uploaded any Kaspersky VPN configuration files to your router, find the option to remove or delete them.
- Save and Restart: After making changes, save them and restart your router to ensure they take effect.
Uninstall Kaspersky VPN from NAS Devices
For those with Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices:
- Access the NAS device’s control panel or dashboard.
- Navigate to the app or package center.
- Find Kaspersky VPN in the list of installed apps or packages.
- Select it and choose the option to uninstall or remove.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
Will uninstalling Kaspersky VPN remove all of its data from my device?
Typically, uninstalling the app removes the main components. However, some configuration or log files might remain. It’s a good idea to check the installation directory or use a dedicated uninstaller tool to ensure complete removal.
Can I reinstall Kaspersky VPN after uninstalling it?
Yes, absolutely! If you decide to use Kaspersky VPN again, you can always download and install it on your device. Your account details and subscription status will remain intact.
Are there any risks associated with keeping Kaspersky VPN installed?
Kaspersky VPN is a reputable VPN service designed to enhance your online privacy and security. Keeping it installed doesn’t pose risks. However, like any software, it’s essential to keep it updated to benefit from the latest features and security patches.