If you’ve landed on this guide, chances are you’re looking to enhance your Amazon Prime experience with the added security of TunnelBear. You’re in the right place. Throughout this guide, we’ll be your trusty buddy, helping you understand the benefits and the step-by-step process of using TunnelBear with Amazon Prime.
From setting up TunnelBear on your device to finally connecting to Amazon Prime, we’ve got you covered.
By the end, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge to set up and use TunnelBear on Amazon Prime without any issues.
TunnelBear x Amazon Prime
Below, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to use TunnelBear with Amazon Prime.
1. Installing and Launching TunnelBear
Setting up TunnelBear on any device is a straightforward process.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Visit the Official TunnelBear Website: Head over to TunnelBear’s official website. This ensures you’re downloading the genuine application and not a counterfeit version.
- Choose a Plan: TunnelBear offers various subscription plans. Pick one that suits your needs and budget.
- Create an Account: You’ll need to provide an email address and choose a secure password. Remember, this will be your key to accessing TunnelBear services.
- Download the Application: Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be directed to a download page. Choose the version compatible with your device (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, etc.).
- Install TunnelBear: After downloading, locate the installation file on your device and double-click to start the installation process. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Launch TunnelBear: Once installed, find the TunnelBear icon on your desktop or in your applications folder. Click on it to open the application.
- Log In: Use the email and password you set up earlier to log into the application.
2. Choosing the Right TunnelBear Server for Amazon Prime
Now that you’ve got TunnelBear up and running, selecting the right server is crucial for a seamless Amazon Prime experience.
Here’s how to find the best TunnelBear server for Amazon Prime:
- Prioritize Nearby Servers: For the best connection speeds, it’s a good idea to choose a server that’s geographically close to you. TunnelBear’s interface allows you to easily select servers based on country or region.
- Avoid Overloaded Servers: Servers with a high number of users can sometimes be slower.
- Consider Specialty Servers: TunnelBear offers specialty servers for specific needs, such as P2P, Double VPN, or Onion Over VPN. A regular VPN server should suffice for Amazon Prime, but it’s good to be aware of these options.
- Switch Servers if Needed: If you face any issues with a particular server, don’t hesitate to disconnect and choose a different one. Experimenting can often lead you to a server that best suits your needs.
- Save Your Favorites: Once you find a server with a stable connection for Amazon Prime, you can add it to your favorites in TunnelBear. This way, you can quickly connect to it in the future.
3. Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies
Before diving into Amazon Prime, clearing your browser’s cache and cookies is a good practice. This can help resolve potential issues and ensure a fresh start when connecting to Amazon Prime from a TunnelBear server.
Here’s how you can do it for some popular browsers:
For Google Chrome users:
- Open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots (?) in the top right corner.
- Navigate to More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like “Last hour” or “All time”.
- Ensure “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” are checked.
- Click Clear data.
For Safari users:
- Open Safari and click on Safari in the top left corner.
- Select Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the Privacy tab.
- Click Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove All and then confirm by clicking Remove Now.
4. Disabling IPv6 Addresses
IPv6 is the most recent version of the Internet Protocol, but sometimes it can cause issues when using VPNs like TunnelBear with platforms like Amazon Prime. Disabling it can help possibly provide a smoother experience without packet loss or high latency.
Here’s how to disable IPv6 on various devices:
For Windows users:
- Open the Control Panel and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on your active network connection.
- Click Properties.
- Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Click OK to save your changes.
For macOS users:
- Open System Preferences and select Network.
- Choose your active internet connection and click Advanced.
- Go to the TCP/IP tab.
- Set the Configure IPv6 option to Link-local only.
- Click OK, then Apply to save your changes.
5. Connecting to Amazon Prime
With TunnelBear set up and optimized, you’re now ready to enjoy a secure and smooth experience on Amazon Prime.
Here’s how to get started:
- Ensure TunnelBear is Active: Before opening your browser/app, make sure TunnelBear is running and you’re connected to your chosen server.
- Open Your Preferred Browser: Whether it’s Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, launch it as you normally would.
- Visit Amazon Prime’s Website: Navigate to Amazon Prime.
- That’s it, you can now use TunnelBear with Amazon Prime.
And there you have it! You’re now connected to Amazon Prime with the added security and privacy benefits of TunnelBear.
Common TunnelBear and Amazon Prime Issues
Even with the best setups, you might occasionally run into some issues while using Amazon Prime with TunnelBear.
Here are solutions to some common problems users might face:
- Amazon Prime Not Working with TunnelBear:
- Switch Servers: Sometimes, certain VPN servers might be blocked by Amazon Prime. Try connecting to a different TunnelBear server and then accessing Amazon Prime.
- Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: As previously discussed, clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can resolve many website-related issues.
- Getting Frequently Disconnected on Amazon Prime:
- Check Your Internet Connection: Ensure that your base internet connection is stable. Disconnect from TunnelBear and see if the issue persists.
- Use a Different Server: Some servers might have a higher load or might be geographically distant, causing lag. Switch to a closer server or one with a lower load.
- Amazon Prime Detecting the VPN Connection:
- Change VPN Protocol: TunnelBear offers multiple protocols. Try switching between them (e.g., from OpenVPN to NordLynx) in the TunnelBear settings.
- Use Obfuscated Servers: TunnelBear has obfuscated servers that can mask the fact you’re using a VPN. This can be especially useful if Amazon Prime is actively blocking VPN users.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
Remember, while VPNs like TunnelBear enhance your online experience, no system is without its occasional issues. The key is to remain patient and organized in your troubleshooting approach.
Why Pair TunnelBear with Amazon Prime?
- Enhanced Privacy
- Your IP Address: Every time you connect to the internet, you have an IP address that can reveal your location. With TunnelBear, your IP address is masked, ensuring that your chats on Amazon Prime remain anonymous.
- No Snooping: Whether it’s hackers or just curious onlookers, TunnelBear ensures that your conversations stay between you and the person you’re chatting with.
- Bypass Geographical Restrictions
- Ever been told that Amazon Prime isn’t available in your region? Frustrating, right? TunnelBear allows you to connect from a different location, granting you access to Amazon Prime no matter where you are.
- Avoiding Bans
- Did you accidentally get banned on Amazon Prime? It happens. With TunnelBear, you can switch to a different IP address and get back to chatting in no time.
- Data Encryption
- TunnelBear encrypts your data, ensuring that your personal information, chat logs, and any shared files are secure. This encryption is especially crucial if you’re using public Wi-Fi.
Will using TunnelBear slow down my Amazon Prime connection?
VPNs can sometimes introduce a slight delay due to data encryption, but choosing a server close to your location can minimize this impact.
How does TunnelBear protect my privacy on Amazon Prime?
TunnelBear masks your IP address and encrypts your data, ensuring that your online activities remain private and secure.
Can I use TunnelBear on mobile devices to access Amazon Prime?
Yes, TunnelBear offers apps for both Android and iOS, ensuring you can access Amazon Prime securely on any device.
Do I need to use TunnelBear every time I access Amazon Prime?
For consistent privacy and security, it’s recommended to use TunnelBear whenever you’re online, not just for Amazon Prime.