We’ve all been there. You’re ready to jump on Bet365, but something’s holding you back. It’s that annoying issue where Surfshark isn’t working with Bet365 for some unknown reasons. Frustrating, isn’t it? But don’t worry, you’re not alone; this problem is more common than you might think.
In this guide, we’ll explore why Surfshark is not working with Bet365 and provide practical solutions to get you back on track. Whether you’re using Surfshark to maintain your privacy or bypass IP Bans, we’ll walk you through the common problems and troubleshooting steps to ensure a smooth Bet365 experience.
Surfshark not working with Bet365? Here’s how to fix it!
So, if you’ve been scratching your head, wondering why Surfshark and Bet365 aren’t playing nicely together, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make Bet365 work while connected to a Surfshark server and fix any issues you may have.
Why is Surfshark not working with Bet365?
While Surfshark is a reliable and popular VPN service, there are times when it’s not working properly with Bet365, and the reason for it isn’t so obvious.
Here are some of the most frequently reported problems when using Surfshark with Bet365:
- Proxy Error Message: This is perhaps the most common issue. When you try to access Bet365, you’re greeted with a message saying you’re using a proxy or VPN, even if you’re using Surfshark.
- Slow Connection Speeds: Sometimes, even if you can access Bet365, the connection might be painfully slow.
- Automatic Disconnection: In some cases, users have reported being disconnected from Bet365 without any clear reason.
- Access Denied or Not Loading: Even with Surfshark activated, some users find that they can’t access Bet365 at all, with the site simply refusing to load or open.
- Temporary Bans: Bet365 might temporarily ban users who are accessing the platform via a VPN.
- Inconsistent Server Connections: While some Surfshark servers might work perfectly with Bet365, others might not, leading to a hit-or-miss experience.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
1. Checking Your Internet Connection
It’s always a good idea to start with the basics. Your internet connection is the backbone of your online activities, and a weak or unstable connection can be the root cause of many issues.
Here’s how you can ensure your internet is up to the task:
- Test Your Speed: Navigate to websites like Speedtest.net or Fast.com to check your internet speed.
- Restart Your Router: Sometimes, simply turning off your router for a minute and then turning it back on can resolve many connectivity issues. It’s a quick fix that often works wonders.
- Test Surfshark: Check if Surfshark is working and changing your IP Address by visiting What is my IP address?
2. Ensuring Your Surfshark App is Up-to-Date
Running outdated Surfshark software can sometimes cause issues, including issues like not allowing you to connect on specific websites like Bet365.
Here’s a quick guide on updating Surfshark:
- Check Your Version: Open Surfshark and go to ‘Settings’ or ‘About’ to see your current version.
- Visit Surfshark’s Website: The official download page will show the latest version.
- Update If Needed: If your version is outdated:
- PC: Download and install the latest version from the website.
- Mobile: Update the app via your device’s app store.
- Restart: After updating, restart both the app and your device.
- Log In Again: You might need to sign back into your Surfshark account.
3. Switching Surfshark Servers
Sometimes, the server you’re connected to might be the issue that Surfshark is not working with Bet365. Switching to a different Surfshark server can often resolve connectivity problems with Bet365.
Here’s how to change VPN servers on Surfshark:
- Open Surfshark: Launch the app on your device.
- Disconnect: If you’re already connected to a server, disconnect from it.
- Choose a Different Server:
- You can select a server from a different country or another within the same country.
- Surfshark also offers specialized servers. Try connecting to one of those.
- Reconnect: Once you’ve selected a new server, connect to it.
- Test Bet365: Visit Bet365 and see if the issue persists.
Switching servers can bypass potential regional blocks, VPN server blocks, or overloaded servers, ensuring a smoother experience on Bet365.
4. Clearing Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Over time, your browser saves data from your online activity that can sometimes interfere with how websites, including Bet365, function. Clearing this cache data and cookies can often resolve VPN connectivity or loading issues.
Here’s a quick guide:
- Open Your Browser: Whether you’re using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, launch it.
- Access Settings: Navigate to the browser’s settings or options menu.
- Find Clear Data Option: Look for options like “Clear browsing data“, “Clear cache“, or “Clear cookies and site data“.
- Select Data to Clear: Ensure you’re clearing both cookies and cached images/files. You can choose the time range (e.g., ‘Last hour’, ‘Last 24 hours’, ‘All time’).
- Clear Data: Click on the clear or delete button.
- Restart Browser: Close and reopen your browser.
- Test Bet365: Connect to Surfshark, visit Bet365, and check if the issue has been resolved.
Remember, clearing cookies will log you out of most websites, so have your login credentials handy for any sites you frequently visit. You can always keep all your passwords in one place by using NordPass.
5. Disable IPv6 Addresses
IPv6 is the latest version of the Internet Protocol, but not all platforms and services fully support it yet. Disabling IPv6 can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with Bet365 when using Surfshark.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Network Settings:
- Windows: Go to ‘Control Panel‘ > ‘Network and Sharing Center‘ > ‘Change adapter settings‘.
- Mac: Go to ‘System Preferences‘ > ‘Network‘.
- Right-click on Your Connection: This could be your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Access Properties:
- Windows: Choose ‘Properties‘.
- Mac: Click ‘Advanced‘ and go to the ‘TCP/IP‘ tab.
- Locate IPv6:
- Windows: Uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)‘.
- Mac: Set the ‘Configure IPv6‘ option to ‘Link-local only‘.
- Save and Exit: Confirm any changes and close the settings.
- Restart Your Device: This ensures the changes take effect.
- Test Bet365 with Surfshark: Try accessing Bet365 while connected to a Surfshark server again to see if the issue is resolved.
6. Use Bet365 on Your Computer/Laptop
While Bet365 is accessible on various devices, including smartphones and tablets, using it on a computer or laptop can sometimes offer a more stable experience.
Here’s why and how:
- Better Stability: Computers and laptops generally have more robust hardware and software, ensuring a smoother browsing experience.
- Easier Troubleshooting: It’s simpler to adjust settings, clear cache, or make other changes on a computer compared to a mobile device.
- VPN Compatibility: Some VPN features or settings might be easier to configure on a computer.
7. Try a Different Browser
Sometimes, the browser itself can be the source of the problem. Switching to a different browser can help identify and potentially resolve the issue. So if you followed all the previous steps and Bet365 is still not working while using Surfshark, then do the following:
- Choose an Alternative: If you’re using Chrome, consider trying Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera.
- Install and Update: Ensure that the browser you’re switching to is updated to the latest version.
- Disable Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with VPN connections or website functionality. Start with a clean browser or disable extensions to see if that resolves the issue.
- Access Bet365: With the new browser, connect to Surfshark and visit Bet365 and check if the Surfshark issue persists.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and still can’t get Bet365 to work seamlessly with Surfshark, it might be time to consider some alternative solutions:
- Try a Different VPN Service: While Surfshark is okay, it’s not the only VPN out there. Try Surfshark, which works flawlessly with Bet365.
- Use a Smart DNS: Smart DNS is a technology that can bypass geo-restrictions without routing your entire connection through a VPN.
- Use a Dedicated IP Address: Surfshark offers a feature where you can get a dedicated IP address, which means it’s only used by you and not shared with other users. This can help bypass blocks that Bet365 might have on shared VPN IP addresses.
Why Use Surfshark with Bet365?
Like any online platform, Bet365 comes with its own challenges and issues. This is where Surfshark steps in, offering a range of benefits to enhance your Bet365 experience:
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: Some countries or networks might restrict access to Bet365. With Surfshark, you can easily bypass these restrictions and access Bet365 from anywhere in the world.
- Maintaining Anonymity: Privacy is a concern for many online users. When you use Surfshark with Bet365, your IP address is hidden, ensuring that anything you do remains private and you stay anonymous.
- Avoiding Bans: Sometimes, users might find themselves banned from Bet365 for reasons beyond their control. Surfshark allows you to switch to a different IP address, helping you regain access in minutes.
- Improved Connection Stability: A good VPN can offer a more stable connection, reducing the chances of sudden disconnections or lags.
Look, I get it – trying to use Bet365 while using Surfshark can sometimes feel like you’re solving a puzzle. But hey, every puzzle has a solution, right? We’ve walked through a bunch of fixes together, and I’m confident one of them will do the trick for you.
Keep your spirits up, give those solutions a shot, and before you know it, you’ll be back to having fun on Bet365.
Why does Bet365 block Surfshark?
Bet365 might block certain IP addresses associated with VPNs, including Surfshark, to prevent misuse, spam, or other malicious activities. It’s not specific to Surfshark but can affect various VPN services.
Can Bet365 ban you for using Surfshark?
Bet365 can temporarily ban users for a variety of reasons, not just for using a VPN. If you follow Bet365’s terms of service and use Surfshark for privacy and security, there shouldn’t be an issue.
Are there specific Surfshark servers that work best with Bet365?
It varies based on user location and server load. If one server doesn’t work, try switching to another.
What if I am not using a VPN and still get a proxy error?
This could be due to your network settings or ISP. Check if you’re using a proxy server or if your ISP has certain restrictions. Resetting your internet settings or using a different network might resolve the issue.
Does Surfshark work with Bet365?
Yes, Surfshark can work with Bet365. However, like any VPN service, there might be occasional hiccups or compatibility issues, which can usually be resolved with some troubleshooting.