The steam marketplace is one of the best and most popular places to sell, trade, and buy Rust skins, but it’s not the only one available. With a quick google search, you’ll most likely find a dozen websites to buy Rust skins, but which one of those websites can you really trust?
In this post, I will list the best places to buy Rust skins and Rust accounts by considering the reliability of the websites, buyers protection, and prices. If you’ve never purchased any Rust skins or accounts before, you’ll also find detailed guides on buying skins and accounts to protect yourself from possible scams.
Best places to buy Rust skins
As I said above, a good place to start looking before going anywhere else is the Steam Marketplace for Rust. You may quickly find what you were looking for and avoid the hassle of searching on different websites. On the other hand, if you can’t find what you are looking for or want to check if there is a cheaper alternative for a specific item, you can check the websites below that.
In Steam’s community market, you will be able to buy and sell Rust skins from your account directly. Money to purchase Rust skins will be directly credited from your Steam balance and be deposited to your balance if a skin you listed gets sold. It’s the most reliable and safe way to buy Rust skins. All the skins you’ll find in the marketplace are being sold by other players like you, and you can do the same as well. You can list any Rust skins that you don’t need or like to the marketplace. Once they get sold, you receive the money in Steam balance, and you can use this balance to buy your favorite new Rust skins.
On DMarket, you’ll find thousands of Rust skins which are either on the seller Steam inventory or DMarket’s inventory. You can see the prices of the last few months for any item and compare the prices of specific items and skins. You can bid on skins or directly purchase them at the buy-now price that the seller has specified.
On this website, you’ll find the most common skins in Rust which can cost from few cents to the rarest ones, which cost a couple of hundreds of dollars. Overall a clean interface website that is easy to navigate and with plenty of offers in which you’ll most likely find all your favorite Rust skins.
How to buy Rust skins (Step by Step)
- Go to DMarket and create an account with your Steam account.
- Navigate to Rust items.
- There are two types of items, the ones that are Face2Face and DMarket bot items. The Face2Face items will get instantly transferred into your Steam account when you complete the purchase, while the DMarket items will get transferred into your DMarket account, and you can withdraw them at any time given to your Steam account.
- Click on any item you wish to purchase ( you can choose multiple simultaneously).
- Click on the Buy button on the bottom part of the screen.
- Once your purchase is complete, navigate to “Go to my items“.
- Start withdrawing your Rust skins into your Steam account
- Choose the Rust skins that you want to transfer to your Steam account ( Only skins with the DMarket icon can be transferred, the rest are already in your Steam inventory).
- Click on the “Gamepad button”.
- Create trades for the chosen items.
- Click on the “Accept trade” button, which will transfer you to Steam.
- Accept each trade on Steam with their trading bot.
If you need more details you can check out DMarket’s F.A.Q
Best places to buy Rust accounts
Whatever the reason may be for you to start looking for a new Rust account, there are a couple of options available that I ensure will leave you satisfied.
On G2G, you will find Rust accounts with zero playtime sold for close to 7 dollars each. This way, you can get back to the game without overspending any money. Some of the sellers on G2G are selling older Steam accounts created between one and five years before to ensure the account won’t get banned. You’ll also find more expensive accounts with multiple different Steam games apart from Rust, which are being sold for more, but this is up to you and your requirements.
One thing to remember is that the support will always be there if any problems arise, so you don’t have to worry about being scammed as long as you keep all conversations and payments inside the platform. ( For more information about how to buy a Rust account, you can find below.
How to buy Rust accounts (Step by Step)
- Go to G2G and create an account.
- Navigate to the Rust accounts section.
- Start browsing for accounts until you find something that fits your requirements.
- Check out the description of the account and make sure it’s a full-access account.
- Take a look at the seller’s profile, feedback, and selling history. ( Most of the time, you want to find someone with many orders and feedback scores as close as possible to 100%, and even if they have some negative feedback, make sure it’s not about account bans, etc.)
- Once you find an account and seller that fits your requirements, contact him, and ask any questions you may have related to the account.
- If you get the right answers, go ahead, complete the payment, and wait for the seller to deliver the Rust account.
- You’ll either get it instantly or at a maximum of 24 hours.
- Once you receive the account, change the email associated with the Steam account and the password of the Steam account.
- The next thing is to change the email password that was previously associated with the Steam account you purchased and remove any linked recovery emails or phone numbers.
- Once you’ve done all that, you can log in to your new Rust account and play the game.
By now should be able to buy, sell, and trade Rust skins and know how to purchase and secure a Rust account safely. Once you get your new Rust account or new skins, there is only one thing left to do: to apply the best settings for Rust.