We’ve all been there: you’re eager to dive into that new game or update on Life is Strange, but the download speed is crawling at a snail’s pace. Frustrating, right? Well, you’re not alone. Slow download speeds on Life is Strange can be a common issue, but the good news is, there are ways to fix it.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through some tried-and-true solutions to increase your Life is Strange download speed. So, if you’re ready to get back to gaming without the long wait, keep reading!
How to Increase Life is Strange Download Speed
Below, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to fix slow download speeds on Life is Strange and even increase it.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before we dive deep into the technical fixes, let’s start with the basics and the easiest troubleshooting step.
Your internet connection plays a crucial role in how quickly you can download games and updates from Life is Strange.
- Test Your Speed: Head over to a reliable speed test website and see if your connection is up to par. A broader issue might be at play if the numbers don’t match what you’re expecting.
Remember, a stable and fast internet connection is the foundation to have faster Life is Strange download speeds. If there’s an issue here, it can affect everything else down the line.
2. Restart Your Router
It might sound like a clich?but have you tried turning it off and on again? Like any other electronic device, your router can benefit from a good old-fashioned restart.
- Why Restart? Over time, routers can experience minor glitches or memory leaks. A quick restart can often refresh its systems and potentially improve your connection speed.
- How to Restart: Simply unplug your router from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds (this allows any residual memory to clear), and then plug it back in. Once all the lights are stable, give Life is Strange another shot and see if there’s an improvement in download speed.
If you’ve given your router a restart and you’re still experiencing slow downloads on Life is Strange, don’t worry. We’ve got more tricks up our sleeve for you!
3. Ensure Sufficient Bandwidth Allocation
Alright, let’s talk bandwidth. If multiple devices or applications are hogging your internet, Life is Strange might not be getting the speed it needs to download swiftly.
- Monitor Your Network: Open up your Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc on Windows) and head to the ‘Processes‘ tab, and look at the “Network” column. Here, you can see if any apps are particularly greedy with your network resources. If you spot any suspicious processes, consider pausing or closing them for the time being.
- Prioritize Life is Strange: Some modern routers allow you to prioritize bandwidth for specific applications. If yours has this feature, make sure Life is Strange is at the top of the list. This ensures that Life is Strange gets the lion’s share of your internet speed, especially during those crucial game downloads.
Remember, the more bandwidth Life is Strange can access, the faster your downloads will be.
4. Opt for a Wired Connection
Wireless connections are convenient, no doubt. But when it comes to raw download speed and stability, nothing beats a good old-fashioned wired connection.
- Stability Matters: Wi-Fi signals can fluctuate due to various reasons – walls, other electronic devices, or even your neighbor’s Wi-Fi. These fluctuations can lead to inconsistent download speeds on Life is Strange.
- The Wired Advantage: By connecting your PC directly to the router using an Ethernet cable, you eliminate potential Wi-Fi interferences. This often results in a more stable and faster connection, perfect for those hefty game downloads.
If you’ve been relying solely on Wi-Fi, consider giving a wired connection a shot. The difference might surprise you!
5. Adjust Download Settings
Life is Strange, like many other platforms/games/launchers, offers a range of settings that can influence your download speeds. Let’s ensure they’re set up for optimal performance.
- Throttle No More: Dive into Life is Strange’s settings and look for any bandwidth limits or throttling options. If they’re set too low, they could be capping your download speeds. Adjust these settings to allow for maximum bandwidth.
- Server Location: Believe it or not, the distance between you and the Life is Strange server you’re downloading from can impact speed. Head to Life is Strange’s download settings and ensure you’re connected to the closest server location. If you’re in New York, for instance, you’d want a server on the East Coast rather than one in Europe.
6. Update Network Adapter Driver
Your network adapter is the bridge between your PC and the internet. Keeping its driver updated ensures smooth connection and can potentially boost your download speeds on Life is Strange.
- Why Update? Outdated drivers might not be optimized for the latest network protocols or might have minor bugs. An update can address these issues.
- The Update Process:
- Open ‘Device Manager‘ on your PC.
- Locate ‘Network Adapters‘ and expand the list.
- Right-click on your network adapter and select ‘Update driver‘.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, opting to search automatically for updated driver software.
Once updated, give Life is Strange another go and see if those downloads are still slow or if there are any improvements.
7. Modify DNS Settings
The Domain Name System (DNS) is like the phonebook of the internet. Sometimes, switching to a faster DNS can lead to quicker download speeds.
- Why Change DNS? Your default DNS, usually provided by your ISP, might not always be the fastest. Alternative DNS servers, like Google DNS or Cloudflare, can sometimes offer better performance.
- Switching to a New DNS:
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and navigate to ‘Network and Sharing Center‘.
- Click on your connection, then click ‘Properties’.
- Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)‘ and click ‘Properties‘.
- Choose ‘Use the following DNS server addresses‘ and enter the addresses of your preferred DNS.
- For Google DNS, you can use
After making the change, restart your computer and see if Life is Strange’s download speed improves.
8. Disable VPN and Other Network Tools
While VPNs and certain network tools can be great for privacy and security, they might be slowing down your Life is Strange downloads.
- VPN Impact: VPNs route your traffic through different servers, which can sometimes reduce download speeds. If you’re using a VPN, try disabling it temporarily to see if it makes a difference.
- Network Tools: Some network monitoring or optimization tools can interfere with Life is Strange’s ability to download efficiently. Consider pausing or disabling these tools while downloading.
- Check for Improvements: Once you’ve made these changes, restart Life is Strange and see if your download speeds have improved. If they have, you might want to consider adjusting your VPN settings or finding alternative network tools that don’t impact performance.
If you absolutely need to be connected to a VPN, then make sure to use one that has the highest-speed servers. NordVPN is your best bet.
9. Clear Download Cache
Over time, Life is Strange accumulates cache data, which can sometimes hinder download speeds because there might be some corruption on the cached files. Clearing this cache can often lead to improved download speeds.
- Why Clear Cache? Cache data is meant to speed up processes, but sometimes, it can get cluttered or corrupted, leading to slower downloads.
- Clearing the Cache:
- Open Life is Strange and navigate to ‘Settings‘.
- Go to the ‘Downloads‘ tab.
- Click on ‘Clear Download Cache‘ and confirm.
- Restart Life is Strange after the cache is cleared.
It’s a simple step, but you’d be surprised how often it can make a noticeable difference in download speeds.
10. Disable Firewalls and Antivirus Software
While these tools are essential for your computer’s security, they can sometimes interfere with Life is Strange’s download speed.
- Potential Interference: Some security software might mistakenly flag Life is Strange downloads as suspicious, slowing down or even stopping the process.
- Temporary Disabling:
- Locate your antivirus or firewall software on your system tray or within your applications.
- Opt to temporarily disable it. (Make sure to re-enable it once your downloads are complete!)
- Restart Life is Strange and check if the download speeds have improved.
- Whitelisting: If you notice a consistent improvement with the security software disabled, consider adding Life is Strange to the software’s whitelist or exceptions list. This way, you can keep your protection active without slowing download speeds.
11. Reinstall Life is Strange
Sometimes, the best solution is to start fresh. If you’ve tried multiple fixes and still aren’t seeing an improvement, reinstalling Life is Strange might be the way to go.
- Backup Your Games: Before you uninstall, make sure to backup any game installations to avoid re-downloading them later.
- Uninstalling Life is Strange:
- Navigate to ‘Control Panel‘ > ‘Uninstall a program‘.
- Find Life is Strange in the list, select it, and click ‘Uninstall‘.
- Fresh Install:
- Head to the official Life is Strange website and download the latest version.
- Install Life is Strange and login with your credentials.
- Restore Your Games: If you back up your games, you can now restore them to avoid lengthy re-downloads.
A fresh installation can clear up any underlying issues that might have been affecting your download speeds.
Can my computer’s hardware affect Life is Strange download speeds?
While your computer’s hardware mainly affects game performance, it doesn’t directly impact download speeds. However, an old hard drive might slow down the installation process after downloading.
Does Life is Strange have peak hours when downloads might be slower?
Yes, Life is Strange servers can get crowded during big sales or when popular new games are released, leading to slow download speeds. If possible, try downloading during off-peak hours.
Can multiple devices connected to my network affect my download speed on Life is Strange?
Absolutely. If other devices on your network are streaming videos, downloading large files, or engaging in other bandwidth-heavy activities, it can impact your Life is Strange download speeds.
I’ve tried everything, but my downloads are still slow. What now?
If you’ve exhausted all options, it might be an issue with your ISP or a broader network problem. Consider reaching out to your service provider for further assistance.
Can I download games from Life is Strange to an external hard drive?
Yes, you can. When installing a game, Life is Strange allows you to choose the installation directory, which can be on an external drive. However, ensure the drive has fast read/write speeds to avoid performance issues.
We get it ? waiting for a game to download can feel like watching paint dry. But with the steps we’ve outlined above, you’re well-equipped to tackle those annoying slow download speeds on Life is Strange.
Remember, sometimes the simplest solutions can make the biggest difference. Whether it’s a quick router restart, a server switch, or even a fresh Life is Strange installation, there’s likely a fix that’ll get you back to gaming in no time.
And hey, if you found these tips helpful or have other tricks up your sleeve that we didn’t mention, we’d love to hear from you. After all, we’re all on this gaming journey together!
Happy gaming, and may your downloads be ever speedy!