Playing Stardew Valley on your phone is for sure fun and convenient, but if your main focus is to be good at the game, you should consider downloading and playing it on your PC. You may even enjoy Stardew Valley on PC more than playing it on your phone since you will have a better view of the game, and the controls of the game will be easier since you will be using your mouse and keyboard or a controller.
Apart from that, playing Stardew Valley on your computer gives you the “luxury” to play your favorite game even on your low-end pc or laptop since the system requirements are minimal to run the game on the simulator. Also, you will be able to limit the resources of your computer that the emulator is using, which means that you have full control of everything.
Below you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to download and install Stardew Valley on your PC completely free and start playing the game right away!
STEP 1: Download and Install needed software
You’ll have first to download and install one of the major mobile emulators to play Stardew Valley on your pc. We will use LDPlayer here as it is one of the most reliable emulators, with almost all mobile games and apps available to download and use instantly. LDPlayer quickly made a name for itself with the high performance and variety of games and features and enabled people worldwide to play & use their favorite games and apps on their computers. With LDPlayer, you’ll get the best performance possible while playing Stardew Valley on your personal computer, and you can forget about lags, crashes, and fps drops.
Click on the button above, and you’ll be redirected to their homepage. In the middle of the screen, there is a big yellow button named Download LDPlayer. Click on that and wait for the executable file to be downloaded.
Once downloaded, click on the file, and an installation window will pop up. Choose the installation path of LDPlayer and click on Install. If you have an SSD on your pc, I recommend installing the LDPlayer on it to reduce the loading times and increase the overall performance of Stardew Valley on your desktop or laptop.
Now, wait for the installation to be completed. It may take some time, depending on your internet speed. Once done, click on Start. If you don’t have VT enabled, you’ll most likely get a message that suggests you enable it to increase the emulator’s performance. Don’t worry; you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to enable it at the end of this post.
Now that you have successfully installed LDPlayer, you are one step closer to playing Stardew Valley on your PC. Let’s move on to the next steps.
STEP 2: Log in to your account or create a new one
Now that you successfully installed LDPlayer, you’ll have to either create a new account or log in with your current one. You should see an icon named LD Store on your home screen, click on that, and you’ll be redirected to their store page.
On the top right part of your screen, click on the human icon.
On the left side, there should be a sidebar. Look for the Sign-in option and click on it. Now you should be redirected to the Google sign-in page. Now is when you either log in with your existing account so you’ll also be able to continue playing Stardew Valley with your current progress, or you create a new one and make a fresh start.
Now that you are logged in, and everything is set up properly, it’s time to download and install Stardew Valley on your PC.
STEP 3: Download and Install Stardew Valley
Now it’s finally the time that you’ve been waiting for. It’s time to download & install Stardew Valley and finally start playing on your PC.
Navigate to the LDPlayer Store by clicking the icon on the homepage and clicking on the search bar.
Type “Stardew Valley” in the search bar and there should be a few results coming up.
Choose the one you prefer and click on it and then click install.
Now all you have to do is wait for Stardew Valley to be installed, and you can start playing your favorite mobile game on your pc completely free.
STEP 4: Start playing
Once the download is completed, click on Play, and the game will start running, and you can enjoy playing Stardew Valley on your PC. Get into the game, start tweaking and optimizing your settings and once you are done with that, move on to the next step, which is crucial to playing Stardew Valley on your PC.
LAST STEP(optional): Increase the performance of Stardew Valley on your PC
This is a vital part if you want Stardew Valley to run smoothly on your PC. What we want to do here is to enable VT. Enabling VT allows the emulator and Stardew Valley to use more of our CPU, GPU, RAM to run our favorite games and apps smoothly. Below you can find step by step instructions on how to enable VT on your computer:
- Before you restart your computer, make sure you know the KEY that gets you to bios. Usually F2 or Del, but sometimes it’s different from brand to brand, so the best way to find it is to google “How to access Bios X motherboard/Laptop/Prebuilt.” Once you know which KEY will get you into BIOS, then move on to the next step.
- Restart your computer and press that KEY repeatedly as soon as your computer turns off and starts booting again.
- Now start looking for the Virtualization Technology option. Most of the time, it is named: Intel(R) Virtualization Technology, Virtualization, Virtual, VT-X, or SVM, and you’ll find it in the processor configuration settings of your BIOS.
- If you are having a hard time finding it, you can search on google where the VT setting is located in your BIOS.
- Once you enable it, make sure to save the settings and exit BIOS.
- Open up LDPlayer and start playing Stardew Valley. You should now notice a significant difference in the performance of the game.
- Now you are ready to start playing Stardew Valley on your PC without having to worry about lags, fps drops, or unexpected errors and terminations of the game.
Benefits of playing Stardew Valley on your PC
- You will be playing Stardew Valley on a wider screen which automatically gives you an advantage over the rest of the players and makes your game more enjoyable.
- Using a keyboard and mouse or a controller as your controls are far easier than using your mobile screen when playing Stardew Valley.
- You won’t have any overheating issues while playing Stardew Valley on your pc.
- It’s much easier to connect and configure a controller.
- You can multitask while playing. You can listen to music, chat with friends, work, etc., while still playing Stardew Valley.
- You will get better performance since emulators are specifically made to take advantage of the computer’s hardware to run any app or game like Stardew Valley with ease.
- You can use multiple Stardew Valley accounts at the same time if you wish to.
- You can easily record your screen while playing Stardew Valley on your PC.(A huge plus if you are a streamer)
Guides to Optimize your PC to play Stardew Valley
Below you can find some posts from me that will help you optimize your PC even more and possibly increase your FPS.
- Windows 11 Ultimate Optimization Guide
- Best NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
- Best AMD Radeon Settings
- Debloat Windows 10
- Reduce & Stabilize your Ping
- Unpark your CPU cores
- Create a custom Power plan to unlock performance
Other useful tools for Stardew Valley
NordVPN / Play with Multiple Accounts at the same time
If you have to use a VPN to play Stardew Valley for whatever reason, then you need a dedicated IP address. You can’t be gaming on the public servers of any VPN.
I recommend NordVPN because apart from you being able to access all the public IP addresses of the service, they will provide you with a dedicated IP address which you will be the only “owner”, so no one else can access it, and you can use that dedicated IP specifically for playing Stardew Valley and getting rid of the high ping. Not all VPN services have this feature.
There is also a promotion on their website: Grab 30 days FREE subscription on NordVPN.
There are many games that you can have a better experience while playing with a controller, and also there are many people who prefer playing with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard. If any of these apply to you, you can consider getting the Elite Series 2 Controller Modded which is one of the best controllers ever and will give you an amazing feeling when using it.
If you want your mobile games and apps and particularly Stardew Valley, to load faster on your PC, then you’ll need an SSD. If you don’t have one, then take a look at the WD_Black 500GB and SAMSUNG 870 EVO
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it allowed to play Stardew Valley on PC?
Playing Stardew Valley on your PC it’s completely legal and it will not get you banned unless you break their TOS.
What is the best way to play Stardew Valley on PC?
The optimal way to play Stardew Valley on your PC is by using a well-optimized emulator like the one I used in the guide above.
Is it better to play Stardew Valley on mobile or PC?
The best way to play Stardew Valley is on your PC rather than mobile because of the benefits and advantages you get over the rest of the users.
See How I Can Improve Your Gaming Experience
- Performance – unlock the true potential of your PC. See your FPS go through the roof!
- Input Delay / Lag / Latency – make your game super responsive to your inputs.
- Tuning – from basic Windows settings to advanced BIOS tuning.