In this post, you will find all the steps needed to bypass any FiveM global or server-sided ban. The difference between these two types of bans is that if you get banned from a server, your IP address is also banned and blocked, apart from your account being limited to join that server. This means that even if you try joining the server with a different account, you will get banned as long as your IP address is the same. On the other hand, FiveM global bans are only limited to the account, and it’s much easier to bypass them.
Global bans are automatic, meaning that the anti-cheat software FiveM is using to protect its servers from cheaters will automatically ban you if it detects any suspicious software running in the background of your computer processes. Server bans occur when you mess up with specific servers rules, and the admins/moderators manually ban you from accessing that server.
Either way, I got you covered on this post, so you don’t have to worry at all. Follow all the steps below, and I can assure you that in a few minutes from now, you will be back playing on your favorite server again.
Bypass FiveM Global & Server Bans
You can’t get banned from GTA V for just using FiveM since these two services do not interact with each other apart from validating your game copy the first time you play.
The GTA V: FiveM bans time can be anything between few days to a few months or even permanent, depending on your actions. If you’ve been recorded actively cheating in servers for long periods of time, then most likely, you’ll get permanently banned.
A good amount of the cheat software and programs are detected from ChocoHax which is a Lua based anti-cheat, developed specifically for FiveM servers. ChocoHax may not be the best solution on the market but it does a pretty good job of protecting FiveM’s servers from cheaters and hackers.
Step 1 – Clear cache, history, and log files.
The first and most important thing you have to do before anything else is deleting any history, cache, and log files that can link your previous activity. To achieve that, follow the steps below:
- Log out of your Steam account
- Navigate to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local and delete DigitalEntitlements.
- In your Windows search bar, type “Add or remove programs” and click on the option.
- Then type FiveM, click on it, and choose to uninstall.
- You will get a message asking if you are sure you want to remove FiveM from your computer. Choose yes.
- Now to confirm that there is nothing left, Navigate to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local and look for DigitalEntitlements, if there is any folder with that name, make sure to delete it.
Step 2 – Create or Buy New Account
To bypass FiveM bans, you’ll need to either create a new GTA V account and purchase the game or buy an account from any marketplace that already has GTA V on it. I would recommend getting a ready-made account since it will be much cheaper for you. I’ve made a guide on the best places to buy GTA V accounts which I highly recommend you look at since it can save you some money.
Considering you got a new account, now let’s move on to the next step.
Step 3 – Change Your Device IP Address
To change your IP address to bypass the ban on FiveM, the best way is to use a VPN service. A VPN would use a proxy server to spoof your real IP address with a different fresh IP address. But, here is the tricky part. Most VPNs have a pool of IP addresses that any user of their service can use. What this means is that someone may have used the IP address of the VPN on FiveM already and may trigger securities and mess up everything.
The solution to this is to use a VPN service that provides you with a dedicated IP address. This means that apart from you being able to access all the public IP addresses of the service, they will provide you with a dedicated IP address which you will be the only “owner”, so no one else can access it. Not all VPN services have this feature.
The one that does provide high-quality dedicated IP addresses and can be fully trusted, and it’s relatively cheap compared to the competition, is NordVPN. I highly recommend using NordVPN for this particular guide as well as for any other usage. You’ll be able to use it on all devices as well, so you don’t have to pay any extra subscriptions. To get the dedicated IP, make sure to enter the coupon code: norddedicatedip on the checkout to get it for free instead of paying 70$ a year.
There is also a promotion going on on their website with around a 70% discount. + 3 months completely free + 1 year free dedicated IP(worth 70$)
Once you have installed NordVPN
- Make sure the option to disconnect you from the internet if the VPN is disconnected is enabled.
- Make sure you have enabled OpenVPN (UDP) or OpenVPN (TCP) protocol from the settings tab.
- Locate the Specialty servers category on the right. Click on it to expand.
- Click on Dedicated IP and choose the location you wish.
Step 4 – Setup Everything
Now you got a new fresh account without previous history on GTA V FiveM, a new dedicated IP address available, and no previous history, log files linking your computer to FiveM. It’s time to set up everything properly and get you back to the game.
You will have to download and install a fresh copy of the FiveM client. Below you can find instructions on how to install FiveM on your computer.
- Visit the FiveM website and download the client.
- Once downloaded, right-click on the .exe file and choose Open.
- After some time, you will be asked to choose your Grand Theft Auto V installation location. Make sure to choose the correct one. It will most likely be in -> Program Files/RockstarGames/Grand Theft Auto V/
- Click on the Select folder button.
- You will be asked for your permission for FiveM to update the game cache, choose yes.
Next, open NordVPN if it’s not already running and do the following:
- Run NordVPN
- Navigate to Dedicated IP tab
- Choose your preferred country
- Choose your preferred server, and click Connect.
Login to your new GTA V account on Steam, and then locate the FiveM shortcut on your desktop and double click on it. Bind the accounts, and you are ready to join any servers you were previously banned.
That was everything you had to do to bypass any FiveM Ban and get back to playing.