We’ve all been there. You’re ready to jump on Now TV, but something’s holding you back. It’s that annoying issue where Hola VPN isn’t working with Now TV for some unknown reasons. Frustrating, isn’t it? But don’t worry, you’re not alone; this problem is more common than you might think.
In this guide, we’ll explore why Hola VPN is not working with Now TV and provide practical solutions to get you back on track. Whether you’re using Hola VPN to maintain your privacy or bypass IP Bans, we’ll walk you through the common problems and troubleshooting steps to ensure a smooth Now TV experience.
Hola VPN not working with Now TV? Here’s how to fix it!
So, if you’ve been scratching your head, wondering why Hola VPN and Now TV aren’t playing nicely together, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make Now TV work while connected to a Hola VPN server and fix any issues you may have.
Why is Hola VPN not working with Now TV?
While Hola VPN is a reliable and popular VPN service, there are times when it’s not working properly with Now TV, and the reason for it isn’t so obvious.
Here are some of the most frequently reported problems when using Hola VPN with Now TV:
- Proxy Error Message: This is perhaps the most common issue. When you try to access Now TV, you’re greeted with a message saying you’re using a proxy or VPN, even if you’re using Hola VPN.
- Slow Connection Speeds: Sometimes, even if you can access Now TV, the connection might be painfully slow.
- Automatic Disconnection: In some cases, users have reported being disconnected from Now TV without any clear reason.
- Access Denied or Not Loading: Even with Hola VPN activated, some users find that they can’t access Now TV at all, with the site simply refusing to load or open.
- Temporary Bans: Now TV might temporarily ban users who are accessing the platform via a VPN.
- Inconsistent Server Connections: While some Hola VPN servers might work perfectly with Now TV, others might not, leading to a hit-or-miss experience.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
1. Checking Your Internet Connection
It’s always a good idea to start with the basics. Your internet connection is the backbone of your online activities, and a weak or unstable connection can be the root cause of many issues.
Here’s how you can ensure your internet is up to the task:
- Test Your Speed: Navigate to websites like Speedtest.net or Fast.com to check your internet speed.
- Restart Your Router: Sometimes, simply turning off your router for a minute and then turning it back on can resolve many connectivity issues. It’s a quick fix that often works wonders.
- Test Hola VPN: Check if Hola VPN is working and changing your IP Address by visiting What is my IP address?
2. Ensuring Your Hola VPN App is Up-to-Date
Running outdated Hola VPN software can sometimes cause issues, including issues like not allowing you to connect on specific websites like Now TV.
Here’s a quick guide on updating Hola VPN:
- Check Your Version: Open Hola VPN and go to ‘Settings’ or ‘About’ to see your current version.
- Visit Hola VPN’s Website: The official download page will show the latest version.
- Update If Needed: If your version is outdated:
- PC: Download and install the latest version from the website.
- Mobile: Update the app via your device’s app store.
- Restart: After updating, restart both the app and your device.
- Log In Again: You might need to sign back into your Hola VPN account.
3. Switching Hola VPN Servers
Sometimes, the server you’re connected to might be the issue that Hola VPN is not working with Now TV. Switching to a different Hola VPN server can often resolve connectivity problems with Now TV.
Here’s how to change VPN servers on Hola VPN:
- Open Hola VPN: Launch the app on your device.
- Disconnect: If you’re already connected to a server, disconnect from it.
- Choose a Different Server:
- You can select a server from a different country or another within the same country.
- Hola VPN also offers specialized servers. Try connecting to one of those.
- Reconnect: Once you’ve selected a new server, connect to it.
- Test Now TV: Visit Now TV and see if the issue persists.
Switching servers can bypass potential regional blocks, VPN server blocks, or overloaded servers, ensuring a smoother experience on Now TV.
4. Clearing Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Over time, your browser saves data from your online activity that can sometimes interfere with how websites, including Now TV, function. Clearing this cache data and cookies can often resolve VPN connectivity or loading issues.
Here’s a quick guide:
- Open Your Browser: Whether you’re using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, launch it.
- Access Settings: Navigate to the browser’s settings or options menu.
- Find Clear Data Option: Look for options like “Clear browsing data“, “Clear cache“, or “Clear cookies and site data“.
- Select Data to Clear: Ensure you’re clearing both cookies and cached images/files. You can choose the time range (e.g., ‘Last hour’, ‘Last 24 hours’, ‘All time’).
- Clear Data: Click on the clear or delete button.
- Restart Browser: Close and reopen your browser.
- Test Now TV: Connect to Hola VPN, visit Now TV, and check if the issue has been resolved.
Remember, clearing cookies will log you out of most websites, so have your login credentials handy for any sites you frequently visit. You can always keep all your passwords in one place by using NordPass.
5. Disable IPv6 Addresses
IPv6 is the latest version of the Internet Protocol, but not all platforms and services fully support it yet. Disabling IPv6 can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with Now TV when using Hola VPN.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Network Settings:
- Windows: Go to ‘Control Panel‘ > ‘Network and Sharing Center‘ > ‘Change adapter settings‘.
- Mac: Go to ‘System Preferences‘ > ‘Network‘.
- Right-click on Your Connection: This could be your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Access Properties:
- Windows: Choose ‘Properties‘.
- Mac: Click ‘Advanced‘ and go to the ‘TCP/IP‘ tab.
- Locate IPv6:
- Windows: Uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)‘.
- Mac: Set the ‘Configure IPv6‘ option to ‘Link-local only‘.
- Save and Exit: Confirm any changes and close the settings.
- Restart Your Device: This ensures the changes take effect.
- Test Now TV with Hola VPN: Try accessing Now TV while connected to a Hola VPN server again to see if the issue is resolved.
6. Use Now TV on Your Computer/Laptop
While Now TV is accessible on various devices, including smartphones and tablets, using it on a computer or laptop can sometimes offer a more stable experience.
Here’s why and how:
- Better Stability: Computers and laptops generally have more robust hardware and software, ensuring a smoother browsing experience.
- Easier Troubleshooting: It’s simpler to adjust settings, clear cache, or make other changes on a computer compared to a mobile device.
- VPN Compatibility: Some VPN features or settings might be easier to configure on a computer.
7. Try a Different Browser
Sometimes, the browser itself can be the source of the problem. Switching to a different browser can help identify and potentially resolve the issue. So if you followed all the previous steps and Now TV is still not working while using Hola VPN, then do the following:
- Choose an Alternative: If you’re using Chrome, consider trying Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera.
- Install and Update: Ensure that the browser you’re switching to is updated to the latest version.
- Disable Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with VPN connections or website functionality. Start with a clean browser or disable extensions to see if that resolves the issue.
- Access Now TV: With the new browser, connect to Hola VPN and visit Now TV and check if the Hola VPN issue persists.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and still can’t get Now TV to work seamlessly with Hola VPN, it might be time to consider some alternative solutions:
- Try a Different VPN Service: While Hola VPN is okay, it’s not the only VPN out there. Try Hola VPN, which works flawlessly with Now TV.
- Use a Smart DNS: Smart DNS is a technology that can bypass geo-restrictions without routing your entire connection through a VPN.
- Use a Dedicated IP Address: Hola VPN offers a feature where you can get a dedicated IP address, which means it’s only used by you and not shared with other users. This can help bypass blocks that Now TV might have on shared VPN IP addresses.
Why Use Hola VPN with Now TV?
Like any online platform, Now TV comes with its own challenges and issues. This is where Hola VPN steps in, offering a range of benefits to enhance your Now TV experience:
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: Some countries or networks might restrict access to Now TV. With Hola VPN, you can easily bypass these restrictions and access Now TV from anywhere in the world.
- Maintaining Anonymity: Privacy is a concern for many online users. When you use Hola VPN with Now TV, your IP address is hidden, ensuring that anything you do remains private and you stay anonymous.
- Avoiding Bans: Sometimes, users might find themselves banned from Now TV for reasons beyond their control. Hola VPN allows you to switch to a different IP address, helping you regain access in minutes.
- Improved Connection Stability: A good VPN can offer a more stable connection, reducing the chances of sudden disconnections or lags.
Look, I get it – trying to use Now TV while using Hola VPN can sometimes feel like you’re solving a puzzle. But hey, every puzzle has a solution, right? We’ve walked through a bunch of fixes together, and I’m confident one of them will do the trick for you.
Keep your spirits up, give those solutions a shot, and before you know it, you’ll be back to having fun on Now TV.
Why does Now TV block Hola VPN?
Now TV might block certain IP addresses associated with VPNs, including Hola VPN, to prevent misuse, spam, or other malicious activities. It’s not specific to Hola VPN but can affect various VPN services.
Can Now TV ban you for using Hola VPN?
Now TV can temporarily ban users for a variety of reasons, not just for using a VPN. If you follow Now TV’s terms of service and use Hola VPN for privacy and security, there shouldn’t be an issue.
Are there specific Hola VPN servers that work best with Now TV?
It varies based on user location and server load. If one server doesn’t work, try switching to another.
What if I am not using a VPN and still get a proxy error?
This could be due to your network settings or ISP. Check if you’re using a proxy server or if your ISP has certain restrictions. Resetting your internet settings or using a different network might resolve the issue.
Does Hola VPN work with Now TV?
Yes, Hola VPN can work with Now TV. However, like any VPN service, there might be occasional hiccups or compatibility issues, which can usually be resolved with some troubleshooting.