Dota 2 is one of the first and biggest eSports titles with more than 400,000 concurrent players at any given time of day. With these numbers of daily players, it’s normal that a lot of these players are looking to buy new skins, items, and even new accounts for numerous different reasons. In this post, I’ve come up with the best places to buy Dota 2 skins, items, and accounts while considering the reliability, speed, and prices of the websites recommended.
I have personally used all websites that I will recommend in this post for different types of transactions, and as long as you follow everything stated in this guide, you’ll be as safe as possible.
Keep in mind that, this post is for educational purposes only, and I am not responsible for your actions.
Best places to buy Dota 2 Items & Skins
Starting with Dota 2 items and skins, the number one place to look at is the steam community marketplace for Dota 2. Thousands of players list items and skins daily for sale, and you’ll most likely find what you were looking for. But, there are also some other options if you want to look for cheaper alternatives or even for rare skins and items that might not be available in Steam’s marketplace.
On DMarket, you’ll find thousands of Dota 2 skins and items available to choose from, from common skins that cost a few cents to the rarest and most expensive skins available. The transactions are made instantly and all major payment methods are accepted. The support is there to assist you if you run into trouble, but lately, their responses are slower than expected in some cases.
Some of the website features are that you can bid on specific skins instead of instantly purchasing them and comparing prices and historical data to help you out when deciding which skin/s you will buy. Another thing to mention is that the registration and login process on DMarket is made through Steam, so that means that when you purchase a skin or item, you can manually or even automatically receive those skins in your Steam account without having to do anything extra.
On the other hand, we got G2G, which has fewer Dota 2 skins and items listed, but for sure, it’s worth taking a look into it because you might find skins that are not available anywhere else. G2G support is always there to help you out in difficult situations, and the overall prices of the marketplace are balanced.
I really like G2G when purchasing skins and items for Dota 2 because you can negotiate the prices with the sellers, especially when you are getting expensive stuff or making multiple orders. Two things to keep in mind are always checking the sellers’ feedback and carefully reading the description to make sure that the listing makes up your expectations.
How to buy Dota 2 Items and Skins (Step by Step)
- Navigate to either G2G or DMarket and create an account.
- Start looking around for your desired skin or item. (If you already know what you are looking for, you can use the filters to make it easier)
- If you found the item or skin you were looking for, then do the following.
- On G2G, carefully read the description and what the seller says about the delivery time, method, etc., and check the feedback on his profile. If everything meets your expectations, then you can contact the seller to negotiate or either ask any questions you might have.
- On DMarket, click on the item or skin, and it will be added to your list. Now you can either directly purchase it or bid for it.
- It’s time to complete your purchase.
- On G2G, click the BUY NOW button and follow the instructions from the seller.
- On DMarket, there are two kinds of items, Face2Face items, and DMarket bot items. Face2Face items will be instantly transferred to your Steam inventory. Meanwhile, DMarket bot items will be transferred to your DMarket inventory, and you’ll have to manually make the transfer to your Steam inventory if you wish to. Depending on your needs, choose the one that fits you the most, and complete the payment.
- Congratulations, you’ve just purchased a Dota 2 skin or item.
Best places to buy Dota 2 Accounts
One of the things that make G2G one of the best places to buy Dota 2 accounts is the variety and amount of accounts available. With over a thousand accounts listed at any given time, you’ll most likely find an account that perfectly fits your needs and requirements. From unranked newly created accounts to jump straight to ranked games, to accounts with hundreds of rare items, skins, and high rankings, you can’t go wrong.
As I mentioned above, G2G support is always there in case of problems between you and the seller and will solve any issues. In the worst-case scenario that you get scammed by a seller, you will get a complete refund from G2G. The only thing you have to do is follow my guide below on purchasing Dota 2 Accounts safely.
How to buy Dota 2 Accounts (Step by Step)
- Head over to G2G and create an account.
- A good idea would be to write down some of the key things you want your new Dota 2 account to have. (It will make easier the research you’ll do)
- Navigate to the Dota 2 accounts section, and apply any filters that you think might be useful, and start browsing the offers available.
- Whenever you find a new account that you like, bookmark it or open it on a new tab. Do this until you collect a couple of accounts you really like.
- Start looking at the seller’s profile feedback and eliminate the ones that many people are mentioning account bans or pullbacks. Also, carefully read the description of all the accounts and make sure that everything you need to know is mentioned.
- MAKE SURE THAT THE ACCOUNT YOU WILL BUY IS “FULL ACCESS”, if it’s not mentioned in the description, ask the seller if it’s not a full access account, then SKIP.
- Now that you have eliminated most of the offers, you should have at least one or two left. Contact the sellers and ask any questions you might have. (You can also ask for pictures if there are no available in the description)
- If you got the answers you were expecting, go ahead and complete the purchase.
- You will either receive your account instantly or in a maximum of 24 hours. (Depends on the seller, and it’s stated in the description of the account)
- DO NOT CONFIRM THE DELIVERY OF THE ACCOUNT YET, NOR LEAVE A REVIEW TO THE SELLER.
- Once you receive your account, the next thing you must do is to secure it completely.
- The seller should send you two email and password combinations—one for the Steam account and one for the email address linked to the Steam account.
- Let’s start with the Steam account. Go ahead and change the password and email linked to the Steam account to your email address. Remove any linked phone numbers or 2FA authentication, and add your phone number and 2FA.
- Next, you want also to secure the email address you got from the seller even though it is not still connected with your account. Login to the email address and remove any recovery emails or recovery phone numbers. Change the password, and you are good to go. Depending on the email provider, you could even delete the email address to be sure.
- Now you should have a Dota 2 account that is as secure as possible. (Read more on this at the F.A.Q, at the end of this post)
- Now, login to your new account, make sure you got the best Dota 2 settings, and enjoy your game!
Can I get banned for buying a Dota 2 account?
Yes, there is always a possibility of getting banned since by purchasing, trading, or selling Dota 2 accounts, you are breaking Valve’s ToS.
Can I sell my Dota 2 Items or Skins?
Yes, you can sell both your Dota 2 items and skins in any of the websites i’ve mentioned in this guide.
Can I sell my Dota 2 account?
Yes, you can sell your Dota 2 account in any of the websites i’ve mentioned in this guide.