How To Create a Steam Account in a Different Region – Tested 2023
Picture this: no more regional restrictions on your favorite Steam games and the best prices on the titles you’ve been craving! That’s right – by creating a Steam account in a different region, you can bypass geo-restrictions and even score some sweet deals along the way.
In this article, we’ll guide you through creating a Steam account in a completely different region than your current one, allowing you to access a broader range of games and potentially save money on purchases.
Whether you’re a hardcore gamer or just dipping your toes into the vast ocean of gaming options, prepare to level up as you discover the incredible benefits of creating a Steam account in another region.
If you want to skip the extra steps of creating a new account, you can change the region to your current one but following one of our guides below:
- Change your Steam region to any country.
- Change your Steam region to Turkey.
- Change your Steam region to Argentina.
- Change your Steam region to Ukraine.
- Change your Steam region to the U.S.A
Things you will need to make a new Steam account in a different region.
Below you can find a list of everything you will need to follow this guide. More information and how to do everything will be discussed later on.
- A valid email address for creating a new Steam account.
- A valid payment method that is accepted in the desired region.
- A billing address that matches the country of the desired region.
- A new IP Address that matches the region you want to create the account in.
- Patience and attention to detail when following the steps to avoid any issues or misrepresentations of your location.
Tips & Rules
- Don’t use the mobile app during the process.
- Don’t skip any steps of the guide, or you will fail.
- Don’t rush things, and follow all the timelines and instructions.
- Don’t go cheap with free VPNs because you will most likely pay more creating new VCCs and then buying a premium VPN as well.
- Don’t use general VCC providers.
- Once you create a Steam account in a different region, DO NOT REFUND or RETURN any games instantly.
How To Make a Steam Account in a Different Region
Below you will find instructions as well as suggestions on how exactly to perform every step successfully in order to make an account in a new country without the risk of bans.
THIS ARTICLE IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL AND RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.
Step 1 – Create a new Steam account in your current region
Before you start doing anything, I highly recommend you close the Steam launcher on your PC and do the following steps on your browser.
You won’t be creating your new account directly in your desired region, but instead, you will create one in your current region and then quickly change to your preferred one.
This is the only working method so your account doesn’t get banned after a while.
- Navigate to the official website of Steam.
- On the login page, click on “Join Steam” to start the process of creating a new account.
- As a security step, you can verify it with a phone number from the region you desire using SMSPVA(Optional) or 5sim.
- Once you verify your email and phone number, click on the drop-down menu, and click on “Account Details.” This should take you to your account settings page.
Next, click on “Add a payment method to this account” and it will redirect you to another page.
Leave this page open, and let’s move on to the next step.
Step 2 – Get a Payment Method from the desired Region/Country.
Now that you are one step closer to creating a new Steam account in a different region, the next step is to get a local payment method from the desired Country. This is a tricky part, and most people mess up and fail to create Steam accounts in different regions. No worries though; I will give you all the possible options, and rest assured that all of them work.
The only thing you have to do is choose which is the best for you depending on your case and requirements.
Option 1: Borrow a Credit Card from a Friend
If you have a friend who lives in the desired region you want to create your Steam account in, you can ask them if they’d be willing to let you use their credit card.
You will only need it once. After that, you will be able to load your account with credits without using your friend’s card.
Option 2: Get a Virtual Credit Card
A virtual credit card (VCC) is like a regular credit card, but it’s online and doesn’t have a physical form. You can use it to make purchases on the internet, and it’s perfect for our purpose of creating a Steam account in a different region.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Find a VCC provider: Do a quick search on the internet for “Virtual Credit Card” followed by the name of the country you want to create your Steam account. You’ll find many websites that offer VCC services.
- Sign up: Choose a VCC provider that looks trustworthy and easy to use and sign up for an account on their website.
- Load funds: Once you’ve signed up, follow the steps on their website to load money onto your VCC. Deposit the minimum allowed by the VCC provider. If they allow you even 1$, then go for it, it will be enough to create your new account in the desired region.
- Get your VCC details: After loading funds, the VCC provider will give you the card details, such as the card number, expiration date, and security code. You’ll use these details to make purchases on the Steam store, just like you would with a regular credit card.
Websites where you can get a VCC in different countries/locations/regions:
- Turkey: Oldubil
- Argentina: Uala
- Other countries: Privacy.com, Wise, Skrill. (MUST BE MASTERCARD, NOT VISA)
Phone number to verify these accounts if needed. -> 5sim, SMSPVA
Now that you have either a virtual credit card from the desired country or a friend’s credit card from that country, you’re ready to proceed with creating your new account in that country.
Step 3 – Get a new HQ IP Address
To successfully create a Steam account in a different region, it’s mandatory to use a VPN. This step is inevitable, as Steam requires your IP address to match the location you want to create the account and the payment method.
If you don’t use a VPN, you can’t move forward with creating your account in a different region. This is because your new payment method will be flagged, because you won’t be able to match your new billing address, making it unusable. As a result, you’d need to create a new payment method to try again.
I recommend using NordVPN because they have high-quality VPN servers with a huge server network, ensuring that you won’t be flagged and you will create your account in a different region without issues.
You may find other working VPNs as well, but NordVPN is one that we tested and it works flawlessly in combination with the VCC providers we mentioned above.
Step 4 – Change To A Different Steam Store Region
Now that you have your new payment method ready to use, as well as the VPN server to change your IP address go back to your “Account details” section and do the following:
Install NordVPN on your PC and log in to your account.
Connect to a server to match the Steam region you want to change to.
Refresh your “Add a payment method to this account” page a few times and add your new payment method.
Then go back to your “Account details” page, and click on Update store country, and change your Steam location/country to your preferred one.
Add the cheapest game possible to your cart.
Examples of cheap Steam games you can buy:
- Sixtieth Kilometer
- The Deed
- Poly Squad
Change your cart currency to the region currency you want and click on “Yes, my billing address is in”.
For billing information, you can use a random address generator from Google, and you should be good to go.
For the phone number, you can use a random number(it will work) or get a virtual phone number just for a one-time verification. (Optional but highly recommended) You can use smsPVA for a one-time verification or any other service that you may find online.
Then click “Continue” and buy the game.
That’s it, ladies and gentlemen.
That’s how you successfully create a Steam account in any region/location/country that you can possibly imagine.
Now you may ask, how can I continue buying games from this Steam country, or how to add credits to my account? The good news is that the hard part is already done. Adding money to your Steam account is pretty easy and you will find all the information you need in the following steps.
How To Top Up Your Steam Account.
Now that have an account in a completely different location than your real one, you may want to buy Steam games from that region. There are three ways you can achieve that.
Method 1 – Add more to the card.
You can use the Virtual Credit Card you previously created, add more money there, and use it as your Steam payment method. If you want to cancel that card, you are free to do so since there are other ways to add credits to your Steam account.
Method 2 – Buy Gift Cards. (Easiest & Safest)
This is by far the most convenient and easy way to replenish your Steam account with the currency of your new region.
Visit any of the following websites and type “Steam gift card” + the country that you want.
Buy the gift card, and to redeem the Steam gift card, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Navigate to your account details by clicking on your username in the top-right corner, then select “Account details.”
- On the right side, find the “Steam Wallet” section and click on “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code.”
- Enter the unique code of the gift card in the email received. Be sure to enter it exactly as shown, including dashes.
- Click “Continue” and your account balance will be updated with the gift card’s value.
Once your Steam Wallet has been topped up with the gift card, you can use the funds to purchase your favorite games.
Method 3 – Using the Steam Community Market.
For this method, you must have an unlimited Steam account that can trade and sell items freely on the market.
This method works in the following way, you add money to websites that sell Steam items and buy items from them. Then, you open the Steam marketplace and sell the items there. I won’t go into detail on how to do it, but you get the point.