How To Change Your Steam Region To Argentina – 2023 Failproof Guide
Have you noticed that the games you want to purchase are significantly cheaper in Argentina and you want to take advantage? Fortunately, by changing your Steam region to Argentina, you can gain access to geo-restricted games and buy games at a lower cost and save a ton of money in the long run.
In this article, we’ll guide you through changing your Steam store region to Argentina, allowing you to access a broader range of games and save tons of money on purchases. Whether you’re a seasoned gamer or just looking to expand your gaming options, keep reading to learn how changing your Steam store region to Argentina can benefit you.
What you will need to change your Steam store region to Argentina
Below you can find a list of everything you will need to follow this guide. More information and how to get everything will be discussed later in this guide.
- A Steam account.
- A valid Argentine payment method.
- An Argentine billing address.
- A new high-quality Argentine IP Address.
- Patience and attention to detail when following the steps to avoid any issues or misrepresentations of your location.
Tips & Rules
- Don’t use the mobile app during the process.
- Don’t skip any steps of the guide, or you will fail.
- Don’t rush things, and follow all the timelines and instructions.
- Don’t go cheap with free VPNs because you will most likely pay more creating new VCCs and then buying a premium VPN as well.
- Don’t use general VCC providers.
- Once you change your region on Steam to Argentina region, DO NOT REFUND or RETURN any games.
How To Change Steam Region to Argentina
Below you will find instructions as well as suggestions on how exactly to perform every step successfully in order to change your Steam country location to Argentina and enjoy cheaper games.
THIS ARTICLE IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL AND RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.
Step 1 – Go to your Steam Account settings
Before you start doing anything, I highly recommend you close the Steam launcher on your PC and do the following steps on your browser.
- Navigate to the official website of Steam.
- Log in to your Steam account using your login credentials.
- Once logged in, click on your account name in the upper right-hand corner of the Steam interface. This should open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Account Details.” This should take you to your Steam account settings page.
Next, click on “Add a payment method to this account” and it will redirect you to another page.
Leave this page open, and let’s move on to the next step.
Step 2 – New Argentine Payment Method.
Now that you are one step closer to changing your Steam location, the next step is to get an Argentine payment method. This is a tricky part, and most people mess up and fail to change their Steam location. No worries though; I will give you all the possible options, and rest assured that all of them work.
The only thing you have to do is choose which is the best for you depending on your case and requirements.
Option 1: Borrow a Credit Card from a Friend
If you have a friend who lives in Argentina, you can ask them if they’d be willing to let you use their credit card.
You will only need it once. After that, you will be able to load your Steam account with credits without using your friend’s Argentine card.
Option 2: Get an Argentine Virtual Credit Card
A virtual credit card(VCC) is like a regular credit card, but it’s online and doesn’t have a physical form. You can use it to make purchases on the internet, and it’s perfect for our purpose of changing the Steam country.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Find an Argentine VCC provider: Do a quick search on the internet for “Argentina Virtual Credit Card”. You’ll find many websites that offer VCC services. (Below you can find some that work 100%)
- Sign up: Choose a VCC provider that looks trustworthy and easy to use and sign up for an account on their website.
- Load funds: Once you’ve signed up, follow the steps on their website to load money onto your VCC. Deposit the minimum allowed by the VCC provider. If they allow you even 1$, then go for it, it will be enough to change your Steam region.
- Get your VCC details: After loading funds, the VCC provider will give you the card details, such as the card number, expiration date, and security code. You’ll use these details to make purchases on the Steam store, just like you would with a regular credit card.
Websites where you can get a VCC in different countries:
- Turkey: Oldubil
- Argentina: Uala
- Turkey + Argentina + Other countries: Privacy.com, Wise, Skrill. (MUST BE MASTERCARD, NOT VISA)
Phone number to verify these accounts if needed. -> 5sim
Now that you have either a virtual credit card from Argentina or a friend’s credit card, you’re ready to proceed with changing your Steam region.
Step 3 – Get a new HQ Argentine IP Address
To successfully change your Steam region to Argentina, it’s mandatory to use a VPN. This step is inevitable, as Steam requires your IP address to match the location you want to change to and the payment method’s billing address.
If you don’t use a VPN, you can’t move forward with changing your Steam region. This is because your new payment method will be flagged, because you won’t be able to match your new billing address, making it unusable. As a result, you’d need to create a new payment method to try again.
I recommend using NordVPN because they have high-quality VPN servers with a huge server network, ensuring that you won’t be flagged and you will change your region without issues.
You may find other working VPNs as well, but NordVPN is one that we tested and it works flawlessly in combination with the VCC providers we mentioned above.
I can’t find a completely free working method to go around changing your Steam store region since we couldn’t find a free VPN that works, but this is the cheapest it can get.
Step 4 – Change Your Region on Steam to Argentina.
Now that you have your new payment method ready to use, as well as the VPN server to change your location to Argentina go back to your “Account details” section and do the following:
Install NordVPN on your PC and log in to your account.
Connect to an Argentine server.
Refresh your “Add a payment method to this account” page a few times and add your new Argentine payment card.
Then go back to your “Account details” page, and click on “Update store country“, and change your Steam region to Argentina.
Add the cheapest game possible to your cart.
Examples of cheap Steam games you can buy:
- Sixtieth Kilometer
- The Deed
- Poly Squad
- Any other cheap game that you know.
Change your cart currency to Argentine pesos and click on “Yes, my billing address is in Argentina”.
For billing information, you can use a random address generator from Google, and you should be good to go.
For the phone number, you can use a random number(it will work) or get a virtual phone number just for a one-time verification. (Optional but highly recommended) You can use smsPVA for a one-time verification or any other service that you may find online.
Then click “Continue” and buy the game.
That’s it, ladies and gentlemen. That’s how you successfully change your Steam region to Argentina.
Now you may ask, how can I continue buying games from this Steam account in Argentina, or how to add credits to my account? The good news is that the hard part is already done. Adding money to your Argentine Steam account is pretty easy and you will find all the information you need in the following steps.
How To Top Up Your Argentina Steam Account.
Now that your Steam region has been changed to Argentina, you may want to buy Steam games from that region. There are two ways you can achieve that.
Method 1 – Add more money to the VCC.
You can use the Virtual Credit Card you previously created, add more money there, and use it as your Steam payment method. If you want to cancel that card, you are free to do so since there are other ways to add credits to your Argentine Steam account.
Method 2 – Buy Argentine Gift Cards. (Easiest & Safest)
This is by far the most convenient and easy way to replenish your Steam account with Argentine pesos.
Visit any of the following websites and type “Steam gift card Argentina”.
Buy the gift card, and to redeem the Argentine Steam gift card, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Navigate to your account details by clicking on your username in the top-right corner, then select “Account details.”
- On the right side, find the “Steam Wallet” section and click on “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code.”
- Enter the unique code of the gift card in the email received. Be sure to enter it exactly as shown, including dashes.
- Click “Continue” and your account balance will be updated with the gift card’s value.
Once your Steam Wallet has been topped up with the Argentine gift card, then you can use it to purchase your favorite games.
Method 3 – Using the Steam Community Market.
For this method, you must have an unlimited Steam account that can trade and sell items freely on the market.
This method works in the following way, you add money to websites that sell Steam items and buy items from them. Then, you open the Steam marketplace and sell the items there for Argentine pesos. I won’t go into detail on how to do it, but you get the point.
How to Buy Cheap Steam Games from Argentina
Purchasing games from the Steam store in Argentina can be an effective way to save money, as games are often priced lower than in other regions. In order to buy Steam games from Argentina, you’ll need to follow a series of steps, which we will outline below.
- Create a Steam account or use your existing account.
- Obtain a valid Argentine payment method, such as an Argentine credit card or virtual credit card (VCC).
- Acquire an Argentine billing address.
- Get a high-quality Argentine IP address from NordVPN.
- Follow the instructions in the above article to change your Steam region to Argentina.
Once you have successfully changed your Steam region to Argentina, you can start purchasing games at Argentine prices. To add funds to your Argentine Steam account, you can:
- Add more money to your Argentine VCC and use it as your Steam payment method.
- Purchase Argentine Steam gift cards from websites like MMOGA, Eneba, or G2A, and redeem them on your account.
- Use the Steam Community Market to buy and sell items, effectively converting your funds to Argentine Pesos.
That was a quick sum-up of how you can buy cheaper Steam games from Argentina. By following this guide, you will be able to buy Steam games at lower prices from the Argentina region.
Change Steam Region: Frequently Asked Questions
Can I redeem gift cards from other countries?
Steam gift cards are region-specific, meaning they are designed to be used in the region where they were purchased. In most cases, you cannot directly redeem gift cards from other countries on your Steam account. When you attempt to redeem a gift card from a different region, you may encounter an error or be unable to proceed with the redemption process.
To avoid any issues or complications, it is best to purchase and redeem only Argentina gift cards to add funds to your Steam Wallet.
What’s the Steam ban chance?
Changing your Steam region to Argentina to take advantage of lower prices, regional promotions, or game availability is against Steam’s Terms of Service. But, as long as you follow everything we said above, you shouldn’t have any issues.
If I do this on another account, can I gift it to my main account?
Creating a separate Argentine Steam account to gift games or items to your main account is not possible.
Will it convert all the money I have in my wallet to Argentina’s currency?
Yes, when you change your Steam region to Argentina, the funds in your Steam Wallet will be converted to Argentine pesos. Steam uses daily conversion rates to calculate the converted amount. It’s important to note that the conversion may not always be exact, and there might be minor differences due to fluctuations in exchange rates.