Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the most played games right now, with millions of players and thousands of viewers on twitch and youtube. While Xbox and PS players can’t do much to increase Warzone performance, pc players, on the other hand, have some room for optimizations. One of the key things everyone should do is to make sure he is using the best possible settings for Warzone to achieve the best performance results, and what I mean by performance results are more FPS, lower input lag, lower latency, no frame drops, and stable FPS and ping.
By optimizing Warzone settings you can get to a good point I terms of performance but you will also have to make sure that everything else is configured properly on your PC as well (You will find resources on how to do that in the guide).
Optimizing Warzone settings is one part of the story. The other part is the Audio, Sensitivity, Keybinds, and controller settings that can make your gameplay better and give you an advantage over the rest of the players. For this part of the guide, my recommendations will be based on Pro Warzone players for the best results.
In this post, I will show you the best Graphics, Audio, Sensitivity, Keybinds, Controller, and Class setup settings for PC, PS4, and XBOX.
Best Warzone Settings
Before we even start optimizing and tweaking Warzone settings, let’s start with the game launcher.
Open Battle.net launcher and navigate to the settings. In the General tab, find the setting “When I launch a game” and choose the option “Exit Battle.net completely“. There is no need to optimize anything else on the launcher since it will get closed once we launch Warzone.
Without further to say let’s start configuring Warzone in-game Settings.
Best Warzone Graphics Settings
Navigate to Warzone’s in-game settings and go to the Graphics tab.
- Display Mode: Full Screen, Always full screen even though Warzone is not running in exclusive fullscreen due to being DirectX12.
- Display Monitor: Nothing
- Display Adapter: Make sure it’s your main GPU
- Screen refresh rate: Maximum
- Render Resolution: 100
- Display Resolution: If you need a few more extra frames per second, you can leave the Render Resolution at 100 and change the Display Resolution to a lower resolution than your monitors.
- Aspect Ratio: Wide 16:9
- V-Sync: Disabled, do not use it, it creates a lot of input lag.
- Custom FrameRateLimit: I prefer Unlimited, if you find that you are getting shutters and fps drops on Warzone, then you probably should be looking to optimize your system and bios, and most likely capping your frame rates won’t help you. But you can give it a try.
- Nvidia Highlights: Disabled
- Restart Shaders Installation: If you feel like something is wrong with Warzone and you are having issues, you can go ahead and run this, it might help(Instead of re-downloading the whole game)
- Display Gamma: Personal preference, leave it default.
- Texture resolution: Very low
- Texture filter Anisotropic: Low
- Particle Quality: Low
- Bullet Impacts & Sprays: Disabled
- Tesselation: Disabled
- Shadow Map Resolution: Low
- Cache Spot Shadows: Enabled
- Cache Sun Shadows: Enabled
- Particle Lighting: Low
- Ambient Occlusion: Disabled
- Screen Space Reflection: Disabled
- Anti-Aliasing: Off
- Depth of Field: Disabled
We have to do one last thing for the graphics settings. Edit a config file to allow Warzone to use more of your GPU memory.
Make sure you save the settings in-game and then exit Warzone. Navigate to your Documents folder and double-click on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder and then enter the Players folder and edit the file named adv_options.ini. (Right-click on it and choose edit)
Change the value of the VideoMemoryScale to 0.95 or 1.00. I don’t know how your GPU will react to that, so if you want to be on the safe side, change the value to 0.95. That means that Warzone will be able to use 95% of your GPU Memory.
Best Warzone Audio Settings
Audio settings are very important on games like Warzone in order to do well on it.
- Audio Mix: Boost High
- Master Volume: 100
- Music Volume: 0, off. You don’t need music in this game.
- Dialogue Volume: 30 – 40, Characters sometimes give you useful information, so you know how to react.
- Effects Volume: 100, This is the most important setting to have. Gunshots, footsteps, vehicles, etc., are based on this setting.
- Juggernaut Music: Disabled
- Hit Marker Sound Effects: NW
The rest of the setttings are optional and a personal preference.
I highly recommend using a headset while playing Warzone since it will help you identify where enemies are coming from.
A budget and high quality option for Headset is: RazerKraken X
Best Warzone General Settings
- Field of View: 105 – 120, gives you a better view on the angles so you can possibly spot enemies you couldn’t if your Field of View was lower.
- ADS Field of View(Click on Advanced under Field on View to find it): Independent
- Brightness: Personal Preference
- Skip Introduction Movie: Disabled
- Tooltips: Enabled
- Subtitles: Disabled
- Colorblind Type: Protanopia
- Colorblind Target: Interface, orange dots on the map that make it easier for you to spot enemies.
- Mini Map Shape: Square, super important setting. Make sure it’s square shape since it gives you much more coverage, you can see a lot more what’s going on around you, and with that being said it makes it easier for you to make quick decisions.
- Mini Map Rotation: Enabled
- Compass Cardinal Direction Text: Letters
- Text Chat: Enabled
- Profanity Filter: Enabled
- Dismemberment & Gore Effects: Enabled
- FPS Counter: Enabled
- Server Latency: Enabled
- Packet Loss: Disabled
- GPU Temperature: Disabled
- GPU Time: Disabled
- CPU Time: Disabled
- Show Mute Sound Widget: Enabled
- Show Mute Voice Chat Widget: Enabled
Best Warzone Keyboard settings & Keybinds (Symfuhny Warzone Settings)
|Change Stance/Slide||Not Bound|
|Sprint/Tactical Sprint/Steady Aim||Left Shift|
|Weapon Mount||Mouse Button 5|
|Alternate Fire||Right Ctrl|
|Melee/Finishing Move||Mouse Button 4|
|Use Lethal Equipment||G|
|Use Tactical Equipment||Q|
|Use Field Upgrade||X|
|Use Armor Plate||4|
Keyboard used by Symfuhny -> Ducky One 2
Best Mouse settings & Mouse Sensitivity Settings ( Symfuhny Warzone Settings )
|Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier||1.00|
|ADS Mouse Sensitivity||Relative|
|ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom)||0.64|
|ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom)||0.60|
|ADS Sens. Transition Timing||Instant|
|Monitor Distance Coefficient||1.33|
|Invert Mouse Look||Disabled|
Mousepad used by Symfuhny -> BenQ Zowie G-SR Large
Mouse used by Symfuhny -> FINALMOUSE ULTRALIGHT 2
Best Controller Settings base on NICKMERCS Settings ( PC / PS4 / XBOX )
The following best controller settings can be applied and are recommended for any controller, including PC / PS4 / XBOX. Since I don’t play on a controller and I am not even a good player, I thought it would be a better idea to give you recommendations based on pro players’ settings. So below you can find all Nickmercs controller settings.
- BR Button Layout: Tactical
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Invert Vertical Look: Disabled
- Deadzone: 0.15
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier ( Low Zoom): 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier ( High Zoom): 1.00
- Aim Response Curve Type: Standard
- Controller Vibration: Disabled
- Aim Assist: Standard
- Scale Aim Assist with FOV: Enabled
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: Enabled
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Use/Reload Behavior: Contextual Tap
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: Enabled
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply One
- Slide Behavior: Tap
- Auto Move Forward: Disabled
- Automatic Sprint: Disabled
- Vehicle Camera Recenter: Disabled
- Parachute Auto-Deploy: Disabled
Controller for Warzone: XboxSX
How to choose the Best aim assist in Warzone
There are four available options for aim assist in Warzone which i will explain below.
It becomes tough to play, and it will put you immediately at a disadvantage compared to players using some aim assist.
This is actually the default Call of Duty: Warzone Aim assist setting, and for the majority of the players is the best option. It slows down the aiming when you are near a target, and its also moving the crosshair slowly on the target.
Slows down your aim only when near targets and does not affect it when you are far away.
It helps a lot, mostly new FPS Controller players, since the aim assist help is sagnificant .
Below you can find a video that compares all aim assist options in COD: Warzone so you can get a better understanding on how everything works.
Optimize your PC even more
Below you can find some useful posts I’ve uploaded that will help you further with your computers and Fortnite’s performance.
Last but not least
Go ahead and download Malwarebytes. By using my link you can get a 14-day premium trial as well as 25% off if you decide to continue using the premium version. If you want to be totally safe on the internet and can afford it, get the premium version and you’ll never have to worry again about viruses, malware, adware, spyware, etc.
Install Malwarebytes and then open it. Click on Scanner -> Advanced Scanners ->Configure Scan, and select the option scan for rootkits and also, on the right side, select all your drives and click on Scan. This scan may take a lot of time, but it can save you from serious issues especially if you use your computer for transactions, work, etc.
Once the scan is completed, quarantine everything and restart your PC.
If after following this guide you still can’t optimize Warzone or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.
Using a VPN?
If you absolutely need to use a VPN for whatever reason, then make sure they have a lot of servers across the world, as well as their servers, are the fastest with the lowest ping possible. If you are looking for the best gaming and general use VPN without spending too much money, then you should take a look at NordVPN and get 3 Months completely FREE!
Conclusion & Final Results
Once you’ve applied all the settings and correctly optimized and configured your computer, you are ready to get back and enjoy your game! The FPS below are from these settings and my optimizations combined.