Smite is not a very demanding game when it comes to computer hardware. You can probably play Smite even on your old laptop. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t optimize your settings to achieve the best performance possible and also make your gameplay easier by optimizing your control, controller, and keybinds on Smite.
This guide is the perfect starting point for new Smite players and will also provide valuable information and suggestions even for more veteran Smite players.
Best Smite Settings
Below you will find the best settings for Smite categorized by its settings tab in-game. I will go through the graphics settings, audio settings, user interface, controls, keybinds, and finally, some edits on Smite’s settings configuration file which will provide us access to settings that are not available in-game.
Best Smite Graphics/Video Settings
Starting with the Graphics settings, since most probably we will not have the same computer specs, you’ll have to test the settings and, depending on your preferences, choose the best for you. I will just give you a starting point with some tips.
- World detail: Low. It will give you extra FPS if you are struggling.
- Texture detail: Maximum. It will make your game look sharper and cleaner.
- Shadow detail: Minimum. I personally almost in every game disable shadows since most of the time they cause major FPS drops.
- Shader Quality: Medium.
- Resolution: Your monitor’s native resolution.
- Resolution Scale: 100
- Screen Type: Fullscreen.
- Use Vertical Sync: Always OFF.
- Use Ragdoll Physic: Off.
- Particle Detail: Low.
- Anti-Aliasing: Off.
- Use D3D11: On.
Best Smite Audio settings
Not many customizations to be made here. You want to make sure that our audio works as intended, nothing more, nothing less.
- Audio Device: Select your Headphones, Speakers, or Monitor.
- Main Volume: 100
- SFX Volume: 100
- Music Volume: Whatever you like.
- Announcer Volume: Whatever you like.
- Notification Volume: Whatever you like.
- Mute Chat Notification: Whatever you like.
- Voice Chat: On
- Voice Chat Volume: 50 – 70
- Mute Voice Chat: Unmute
- Microphone Volume: 100
- Mute Microphone: Unmute
- Voice Chat Input: Choose whatever you prefer.
- Voice Chat Input – Keybinding: Choose the keybind to enable voice chat.
Best Smite User Interface Settings
Below you can find only the important settings that you should make sure are set like this. The rest are up to you.
- Show your Health: On.
- Streamer Mode: If you are streaming and you want to hide names, you may consider enabling this option.
- Show Mana Usage: Yes.
Best Smite Controls Settings
Below you can find some of my recommendations for Control settings. It’s a good starting point and should put you on track to find the best Smite Control settings for you.
- Cast Mode: Quick Casting or Insta Casting
- Invert Look: Off
- Smooth Mouse: Off
- Restricted Camera Pitch: Off
- Controller X Sensitivity: Default
- Controller Y Sensitivity: Default
- Mouse Sensitivity: Start with 15 and play around with it.
- Preferred Controls: Keyboard & Mouse
Best Smite Targeting Settings
- Distance Line: Ruler
- Enable Bracket Highlighting: Off
- Reticule: None
- Ground Target: Arrow
- Use 2D Ground Target: Off
- Always Show Grand Target: On
Best Smite Controller Settings ( PC / Console )
Below you can find my recommendations for the best Smite Controller settings either on PC or console. I highly recommend you start with these settings and periodically start changing them to find the best for you.
- Controller Layout: Savage Plus
- Cast Mode: Quick Casting
- Use Inverted Look: Off
- X Sensitivity: 20
- Y Sensitivity: 20
- Aim Acceleration: 3
- Left stick deadzone: 5
- Right stick deadzone: 3
- Enable Aim Assist: Off
- Enable Controller Vibration: On
- Enable Basic Attack Vibration: Off
- Jump Enabled: On
- Restricted Camera Pitch: On
Configuration File Edits
In the last part of this guide, I will show you how to edit Smite’s settings configuration file and which settings in this configuration file are important and should be tweaked.
Let’s find the configuration file
- Navigate to Documents
- Enter MyGames Folder
- Double click on Smite folder
- Enter the BattleGame folder
- Navigate to Config Folder
Now, right click on BattleEngine.ini file and choose Edit with Notepad++ .
Once the config file is open, press Ctrl + F on your keyboard and copy the below terms and make sure to change the values accordingly.
The following changes will remove the FPS Limit on Smite.
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=250.000000 ( There will be more than one, make sure to change them all) This setting will remove the 150 FPS limit of Smite and place a new one which is 250. You can change this number to a higher value depending on your PC Build and Monitor.
The following changes will increase the minimum desired FPS on Smite.
MinSmoothedFrameRate=144.000000 ( I put this on 144 since my FPS never drop from 144, and also, my Monitor is 144hz. For example, if you are constantly playing 80 – 120 FPS, you can set this to 60. The minimum recommended by me is 60 )
The following changes will give you extra FPS if you are struggling
Open the BattleSystemSettings.ini file with the same way and change the below settings accordingly.
These settings are recommended only for people who want higher FPS and are really struggling with their FPS in Smite.
Guides to Optimize your PC
Below you can find some posts from me that will help you optimize your PC even more and possibly increase your FPS.
- Windows 11 Ultimate Optimization Guide
- Best NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
- Best AMD Radeon Settings
- Debloat Windows 10
- Reduce & Stabilize your Ping
- Unpark your CPU cores
- Create a custom Power plan to unlock performance
Last but not least
Go ahead and download Malwarebytes. By using my link you can get a 14-day premium trial as well as 25% off if you decide to continue using the premium version. If you want to be totally safe on the internet and can afford it, get the premium version and you’ll never have to worry again about viruses, malware, adware, spyware, etc.
Install Malwarebytes and then open it. Click on Scanner -> Advanced Scanners ->Configure Scan, and select the option scan for rootkits and also, on the right side, select all your drives and click on Scan. This scan may take a lot of time, but it can save you from serious issues especially if you use your computer for transactions, work, etc.
Once the scan is completed, quarantine everything and restart your PC.
If after following this guide you still can’t optimize Smite or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.
Using a VPN?
If you absolutely need to use a VPN for whatever reason, then make sure they have a lot of servers across the world, as well as their servers, are the fastest with the lowest ping possible. If you are looking for the best gaming and general use VPN without spending too much money, then you should take a look at NordVPN and get 3 Months completely FREE!
After applying the above settings, you should be good to go. Control settings definitely are a personal preference, and you should be tweaking them constantly to find what best fits you. On the other hand, in graphics and sound settings, you just set them and forget them.
If your computer is really struggling to play Smite on acceptable frame rates, then you might consider building a new one. If you do so, take a look at my post on the best PC Build for Smite.