League of Legends can probably run even on your old low-end pc or laptop. That doesn’t mean that you should leave all the settings on default or being automatically optimized by Riot Games. Since it is a really competitive game, players always are looking for ways to get a competitive advantage over the rest of the players.
Most Pro League players are playing on 144+ Hz, and that’s what you should be aiming for (if your monitor can handle it). To play at a high refresh rate without shutters, fps drops, and issues, you will have to optimize your settings. That’s what this post is about. In this post, you will find the best League of Legends settings to achieve the highest FPS possible, fix any issues like fps drops, shutters, flickering, and also optimize the rest of the settings like the Pros do(Mouse, Mouse Sensitivity, Keybinds, Hotkeys).
Best League of Legends Settings
We will start with Riots Launcher settings to shut down a few annoying notifications that may disturb you from the game and make our launcher consume fewer resources. Next, I will show you how to optimize League of Legends’ graphics settings depending on your system to give you the highest fps possible while still maintaining the graphics’ quality. Next, I will talk about League’s Sound settings and point out which of these settings are the most important ones.
After that, I will show you the best Interface, Game, Keybinds, Mouse, and Mouse sensitivity settings for League of Legends after research I’ve done on the top LoL pro players so you can get an idea of how they play the game. Finally, for you struggling to get the game running on more frames per second, I will point out crucial resources and information to help you achieve higher performance in LoL.
Without further to say, let dive straight to optimizing LoL settings!
Best Launcher/Client Settings
In order to access the launcher settings in League Of Legends you will have to navigate on the top right side and just click on the gear icon.
You will be directed by default to the General tab.
Here tick the options “Enable Low Spec Mode” and “Close client during game” and untick the options “Automatically send crash reports” and “Enable Newbie Help Tips”.
Next, navigate on the Notifications tab in your LoL launcher and tick the option “Disable Esports notifications“. You can leave this unticked if you are really interested in getting e-sports notifications.
Now, please navigate to the Chat & Friends settings tab of your League launcher and make sure to tick the option “Warn Me When I Click A Link In Chat“.
This setting will actually pop up a confirmation message for you when you click on a link. So if you were in a rush or misclicked a link an unknown guy sent to you, this setting can potentially save you by making you rethink if you want to really press that link.
Pretty straightforward with the Launcher settings since there is not much we can optimize. Let’s move on to the graphics settings tab.
Best League of Legends Video/Graphics settings
Create a custom game with bots and add all 5 opponent bots and 4 bots plus you in your team. You want to do this to get a close estimation of the performance you should expect in real games. Once you are in the game, press the ESC button on your keyboard and navigate the Video tab.
- Resolution: Native resolution of your Monitor.
- Window Mode: Full Screen always. You don’t want to be playing on anything else except the full screen.
- Colorblind mode: Disabled
- Hide eye candy: Enabled
- Use relative team colors: Disabled
- Enable screen shake: Disabled
- Graphics ( If you don’t have a low-end pc you can set these settings all to high except the Shadow Quality which you should set to low)
- Character Quality: Medium. This setting affects the visuals of the champions and monsters in-game.
- Effects Quality: Medium. Affects the visual quality of the skills animations in-game.
- Environment Quality: Medium. Affects the visual quality of the map.
- Shadow Quality: Low. Affects the quality of the shadows which you don’t really need, but if you do set it to low.
- Character Inking: Disabled.
- Advanced Graphics
- Frame Rate Cap: Uncapped. This setting caps your fps at a specific refresh rate. If you are experiencing big fps drops, you may consider setting the value to your monitor’s refresh rate.
- Anti-Aliasing: Personal preference. If your hardware can handle it, then keep it enabled.
- Wait for Vertical Sync: Always off.
On this tab we will edit the colors in League of Legends, so below you can find the best League of Legends colors to give your game a better look.
- Color Level: 68
- Color Gamma: 55
- Color Brightness: 52
- Color Contrast: 59
Best League of Legends Sound settings
Actually, the only thing you want to make sure of in this tab is to communicate with your teammates easily. Pay close attention to the Pings Volume setting, which is actually the most important setting, so you can get notified when your teammates are pinging you.
- Master Volume: Around 80.
- Music Volume: 0
- Announcer Volume: 60 – 80
- Voice Volume: Depends on your teammates.
- Sound FX Volume: 50
- Ambiance Volume: 50
- Pings Volume: 70
- Theme Music: Updated
Best League of Legends Interface settings
In this interface section you’ll find some really important settings so read below how each setting may benefit you by enabling or disabling it.
- HUD Scale: 0 or 1. This is because HUD is there to give you just information, and the information shouldn’t be more important than the actual game.
- Cursor Scale: 50
- Shop Scale: Default
- Chat Scale: 28
- Minimap Scale: 100. The bigger the minimap, the more likely you are to spot movements on it, so whenever a champion is missing, you are more likely to see it on a bigger minimap.
- Death Recap Scale: 100
- Health and Resource Bars
- Show Health Bars: Enabled
- Enable HUD animations: Disabled
- Show Loss of Control UI: Enabled
- Show Health Bar animations: Enabled
- Show Names Above Healthbar: Summoner Name
- Screen flash on damage: Enabled
- Champion highlight on camera center: Enabled
- Screen flash on loss of control: Enabled
- Legacy cursor
- Enable legacy cursor: Enabled
- Always show extended Tooltip info: Disabled
- Show enemy information Tooltips: Disabled
- Ability and Attack Display
- Show Target Frame on attack: Enabled
- Show Attack Range: Enabled
- Show Spell costs: Enabled
- Enable Line Missile display: Enabled
- Disable HUD spell click: Enabled
- Ability Cooldown Display: Seconds
- Show Neutreal Camps: Enabled
- Allow Minimap movement: Enabled
- Show Minimap on left: Enabled
- Mirror Scoreboard layout: Disabled
- Show Summoner names: Disabled
- Team Frames
- Show Team Frames on left: Disabled
- Show [All] Chat (Matched Games): Enabled
- Show timestamps: Enabled. Timestamps are really important because you can basically see ping something, and there will be a timestamp on when you ping that on the chat. For example, you can ping the flash used by any of the enemies, and it will be in the chat with a timestamp, then you can calculate the cooldown of the flash with the timestamp, and you know when the enemy has his flash available again.
- Show [Allied] Chat: Enabled
- Emote Bubble Display: On
- Emote Size: Normal
- Mute enemy Emotes: Disabled
- Combat Text
- Damage: Enabled
- Gold: Enabled
- Quest: Enabled
- Enemy Damage: Enabled
- Level: Enabled
- Heal: Enabled
- Status: Enabled
- Mana: Disabled
- Dodge: Enabled
- Special: Enabled
- Score: Enabled
- Experience: Enabled
Best League of Legends Game settings
One of the most important settings tab on this game which is also kind of a personal preference but still i’ll give you a few tips to play around.
- Best mouse settings for League of Legends
- Mouse Speed: 70
- Camera Move Speed (Mouse): 50
- Camera Move Speed (Keyboard): 50
- Move camera on revive: Enabled
- Enable smooth camera: Disabled
- Mouse button drag scroll: Disabled
- Camera Lock Mode: Per-side offset
- Auto-attack: Disabled because you don’t want to accidentally auto-attack without actually wanting to do it yourself.
- Use movement prediction: Disabled
- Show turret range indicators: Disabled
- Attack move on cursor: Experiment with this setting since it can benefit ADC’s and ranged champions. It can make your kiting ability great, but you will have to get used to it.
Best League of Legends Keybinds/Hotkeys
Below i will show you the most important and best hotkeys you should focus on.
The first thing you want to make sure of in hotkeys is to enable the Quick Cast All option because this way, you can make your combos way faster. ( Some specific champions might not benefit from this, but the majority will(like 99%) )
- Quick Cast with indicator
- Replace Quick Cast with Quick Cast With Indicator in the quickbind UI: This setting can be very helpful if you are new to a champion and you want to get used to it before going full quickcast.
- Player Movement
- Player attack move: If you are an ADC player you must be playing with this enabled since it will make kiting easier and prevent you from misclicks while kiting.
- Target Champions Only
- It can really help you in situations like tower dives where you want to hit the champion and get the kill and prevent you from miss clicking on the turret and dying.
|Summoner Spell 1||D|
|Summoner Spell 2||F|
Increase your FPS in League of Legends
If you are really having issues with your frames per second you may consider following the steps below.
- Make sure Game Mode is enabled in Windows 10.
- Add League of Legends executable file to graphics performance mode and test the Variable refresh rate option(Try turning it on and off) to check which one gives you the best results in-game.*Note that you will have to restart the game for the setting to take effect.
- If you are not in the latest Windows 10 build then consider disabling full screen optimizations for your game. On the other hand if you are on the latest Windows 10 build then you don’t have to do that since Microsoft have done a pretty good job lately and everything is running fine.
- Make sure your GPU drivers and settings are optimized. To do that, follow my guides below:
- Make sure to debloat your PC.
- If you are experiencing high, unstable, or unusual ping, look at my post about optimizing your network settings to stabilize your ping while gaming.
I highly encourage you to read my post about CPU parking and unparking for those of you who have a little bit of extra time. This can tremendously help you improve performance not only in League of Legends but in every game and app you may be running on your computer.
Last but not least
Go ahead and download Malwarebytes. By using my link you can get a 14-day premium trial as well as 25% off if you decide to continue using the premium version. If you want to be totally safe on the internet and can afford it, get the premium version and you’ll never have to worry again about viruses, malware, adware, spyware, etc.
Install Malwarebytes and then open it. Click on Scanner -> Advanced Scanners ->Configure Scan, and select the option scan for rootkits and also, on the right side, select all your drives and click on Scan. This scan may take a lot of time, but it can save you from serious issues especially if you use your computer for transactions, work, etc.
Once the scan is completed, quarantine everything and restart your PC.
If after following this guide you still can’t optimize League of Legends or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.
Using a VPN?
If you absolutely need to use a VPN for whatever reason, then make sure they have a lot of servers across the world, as well as their servers, are the fastest with the lowest ping possible. If you are looking for the best gaming and general use VPN without spending too much money, then you should take a look at NordVPN and get 3 Months completely FREE!
Faker’s League of Legends Settings
In this part of the guide, I will focus on Fakers settings in League of Legends, and I will point out some things that might interest you. Faker is one of the best League of Legends players globally, so let’s take a look at his mouse settings and mouse sensitivity settings, and some key hardware that he uses.
- Faker Windows Sensitivity
- Faker Game Sensitivity
- Faker DPI / CPI
- Faker EDPI
- Faker Polling Rate
- 1000 Hz
- The mouse and mouse pad that Faker is using
Fakers Keybinds on Razer BWU
|Summoner Spell 1||D|
|Summoner Spell 2||F|
If you followed and read everything in this guide, there is only one thing left. Apply all the settings, restart your computer, run League of Legends, and play and enjoy a game with your friends. I hope this guide really helped you make your game run smoother and gave you a starting point for mouse settings & sensitivity. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below, and I will be more than happy to discuss them with you!