Every modern PC can handle League of Legends with ease on relatably high fps. The main focus of players looking for the best League of Legends settings is to achieve the highest FPS possible, lowest input lag and latency, and have the smoothest possible gameplay.
Apart from those settings, it’s also important to optimize your mouse, control, and sensitivity settings. I am not the most experienced League of Legends player, so I will suggest you settings from Pro League of Legends players.
Below I will go over everything you need to know about League of Legends camera settings, controller settings, binds, graphics settings, and even sound settings. If you’ve played League of Legends for any time, you should have released that the default settings don’t allow you to play at your best potential.
Sticking to the default settings will disadvantage you no matter how good you are. So we will improve all the settings to get you the most benefits.
Also, at the end of this post, you’ll find resources to optimize your PC to achieve higher performance, fps, less input lag, and less latency in League of Legends and any other game you might be playing.
Best League of Legends settings
When it comes to the best League of Legends settings, whatever you may be looking for, you will probably find it in this guide.
I will go in-depth in every important setting and give you some suggestions from my experience or from my research on the best League of Legends Pro player’s settings.
Best Launcher/Client Settings
To access the launcher settings in League Of Legends, you must navigate to the top right side and just click on the gear icon.
You will be directed by default to the General tab.
Here tick the options “Enable Low Spec Mode” and “Close client during game” and untick the options “Automatically send crash reports” and “Enable Newbie Help Tips”.
Next, navigate on the Notifications tab in your LoL launcher and tick the option “Disable Esports notifications“. You can leave this unticked if you are really interested in getting e-sports notifications.
Now, please navigate to the Chat & Friends settings tab of your League launcher and make sure to tick the option “Warn Me When I Click A Link In Chat“.
This setting will actually pop up a confirmation message for you when you click on a link. So if you were in a rush or misclicked a link an unknown guy sent to you, this setting can potentially save you by making you rethink if you want to really press that link.
Pretty straightforward with the Launcher settings since there is not much we can optimize. Let’s move on to the League’s graphics settings tab.
Best League of Legends Video/Graphics settings
Create a custom game with bots and add all 5 opponent bots and 4 bots plus you to your team.
You want to do this to get a close estimation of the performance you should expect in real games. Once you are in the game, press the ESC button on your keyboard and navigate the Video tab.
- Resolution: Native resolution of your Monitor.
- Window Mode: Full Screen always. You don’t want to be playing on anything else except the full screen.
- Colorblind mode: Disabled
- Hide eye candy: Enabled
- Use relative team colors: Disabled
- Enable screen shake: Disabled
- Graphics ( If you don’t have a low-end pc you can set these settings all to high except the Shadow Quality which you should set to low)
- Character Quality: Medium. This setting affects the visuals of the champions and monsters in-game.
- Effects Quality: Medium. Affects the visual quality of the skills animations in-game.
- Environment Quality: Medium. Affects the visual quality of the map.
- Shadow Quality: Low. Affects the quality of the shadows which you don’t really need, but if you do set it to low.
- Character Inking: Disabled.
- Advanced Graphics
- Frame Rate Cap: Uncapped. This setting caps your fps at a specific refresh rate. If you are experiencing big fps drops, you may consider setting the value to your monitor’s refresh rate.
- Anti-Aliasing: Personal preference. If your hardware can handle it, then keep it enabled.
- Wait for Vertical Sync: Always off.
On this tab we will edit the colors in League of Legends, so below you can find the best League of Legends colors to give your game a better look.
- Color Level: 68
- Color Gamma: 55
- Color Brightness: 52
- Color Contrast: 59
Best League of Legends Sound settings
Actually, the only thing you want to make sure of in this tab is to communicate with your teammates easily. Pay close attention to the Pings Volume setting, which is actually the most important setting, so you can get notified when your teammates are pinging you.
- Master Volume: Around 80.
- Music Volume: 0
- Announcer Volume: 60 – 80
- Voice Volume: Depends on your teammates.
- Sound FX Volume: 50
- Ambiance Volume: 50
- Pings Volume: 70
- Theme Music: Updated
Best League of Legends Interface settings
In this interface section, you’ll find some really important settings, so read below how each setting may benefit you by enabling or disabling it.
- HUD Scale: 0 or 1. This is because HUD is there to give you just information, and the information shouldn’t be more important than the actual game.
- Cursor Scale: 50
- Shop Scale: Default
- Chat Scale: 28
- Minimap Scale: 100. The bigger the minimap, the more likely you are to spot movements on it, so whenever a champion is missing, you are more likely to see it on a bigger minimap.
- Death Recap Scale: 100
- Health and Resource Bars
- Show Health Bars: Enabled
- Enable HUD animations: Disabled
- Show Loss of Control UI: Enabled
- Show Health Bar animations: Enabled
- Show Names Above Healthbar: Summoner Name
- Screen flash on damage: Enabled
- Champion highlight on camera center: Enabled
- Screen flash on loss of control: Enabled
- Legacy cursor
- Enable legacy cursor: Enabled
- Always show extended Tooltip info: Disabled
- Show enemy information Tooltips: Disabled
- Ability and Attack Display
- Show Target Frame on attack: Enabled
- Show Attack Range: Enabled
- Show Spell costs: Enabled
- Enable Line Missile display: Enabled
- Disable HUD spell click: Enabled
- Ability Cooldown Display: Seconds
- Show Neutreal Camps: Enabled
- Allow Minimap movement: Enabled
- Show Minimap on left: Enabled
- Mirror Scoreboard layout: Disabled
- Show Summoner names: Disabled
- Team Frames
- Show Team Frames on left: Disabled
- Show [All] Chat (Matched Games): Enabled
- Show timestamps: Enabled. Timestamps are really important because you can basically see ping something, and there will be a timestamp on when you ping that on the chat. For example, you can ping the flash used by any of the enemies, and it will be in the chat with a timestamp, then you can calculate the cooldown of the flash with the timestamp, and you know when the enemy has his flash available again.
- Show [Allied] Chat: Enabled
- Emote Bubble Display: On
- Emote Size: Normal
- Mute enemy Emotes: Disabled
- Combat Text
- Damage: Enabled
- Gold: Enabled
- Quest: Enabled
- Enemy Damage: Enabled
- Level: Enabled
- Heal: Enabled
- Status: Enabled
- Mana: Disabled
- Dodge: Enabled
- Special: Enabled
- Score: Enabled
- Experience: Enabled
Best League of Legends Game settings
One of the most important settings tabs on this game is also kind of a personal preference, but still, I’ll give you a few tips to play around with.
- Best mouse settings for League of Legends
- Mouse Speed: 70
- Camera Move Speed (Mouse): 50
- Camera Move Speed (Keyboard): 50
- Move camera on revive: Enabled
- Enable smooth camera: Disabled
- Mouse button drag scroll: Disabled
- Camera Lock Mode: Per-side offset
- Auto-attack: Disabled because you don’t want to accidentally auto-attack without actually wanting to do it yourself.
- Use movement prediction: Disabled
- Show turret range indicators: Disabled
- Attack move on cursor: Experiment with this setting since it can benefit ADC’s and ranged champions. It can make your kiting ability great, but you will have to get used to it.
Best League of Legends Keybinds/Hotkeys
Below i will show you the most important and best hotkeys you should focus on.
The first thing you want to make sure of in hotkeys is to enable the Quick Cast All option because this way, you can make your combos way faster. ( Some specific champions might not benefit from this, but the majority will(like 99%) )
- Quick Cast with indicator
- Replace Quick Cast with Quick Cast With Indicator in the quickbind UI: This setting can be very helpful if you are new to a champion and you want to get used to it before going full quickcast.
- Player Movement
- Player attack move: If you are an ADC player you must be playing with this enabled since it will make kiting easier and prevent you from misclicks while kiting.
- Target Champions Only
- It can really help you in situations like tower dives where you want to hit the champion and get the kill and prevent you from miss clicking on the turret and dying.
|Summoner Spell 1||D|
|Summoner Spell 2||F|
Increase your FPS in League of Legends
If you are really having issues with your frames per second, you may consider following the steps below.
- Make sure Game Mode is enabled in Windows 10.
- Add the League of Legends executable file to graphics performance mode and test the Variable refresh rate option(Try turning it on and off) to check which one gives you the best results in-game.*Note that you have to restart the game for the setting to take effect.
- If you are not in the latest Windows 10 build, then consider disabling full-screen optimizations for your game. On the other hand, if you are on the latest Windows 10 build, you don’t have to do that since Microsoft has done a pretty good job lately, and everything is running fine.
- Make sure your GPU drivers and settings are optimized. To do that, follow my guides below:
- Make sure to debloat your PC.
- If you are experiencing high, unstable, or unusual ping, look at my post about optimizing your network settings to stabilize your ping while gaming.
Enhance your gaming experience
If, after following this guide, you still can’t optimize League as you would like to or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me, and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.
Using a VPN?
If you absolutely need to use a VPN for whatever reason, then make sure they have a lot of servers across the world, as well as their servers are the fastest with the lowest ping possible. If you are looking for the best gaming and general use VPN without spending too much money, you should grab NordVPN for 68% Off + 3 months FREE.
If you followed and read everything in this guide, there is only one thing left. Apply all the settings, restart your computer, run League of Legends, and play and enjoy a game with your friends. I hope this guide really helped you make your game run smoother and gave you a starting point for mouse settings & sensitivity. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below, and I will be more than happy to discuss them with you!