Every modern PC can handle Fortnite with ease on relatably high fps. The main focus of players looking for the best Fortnite settings is to achieve the highest FPS possible, lowest input lag and latency, and have the smoothest possible gameplay.
Apart from those settings, it’s also important to optimize your mouse, control, and sensitivity settings. I am not the most experienced Fortnite player, so I will suggest you settings from Pro Fortnite players.
Below I will go over everything you need to know about Fortnite camera settings, controller settings, binds, graphics settings, and even sound settings to hear footsteps clearer. If you’ve played Fortnite for any time, you should have released that the default settings don’t allow you to play at your best potential.
Sticking to the default settings will disadvantage you no matter how good you are. So we will improve all the settings to get you the most benefits.
Best Fortnite settings
When it comes to the best Fortnite settings, whatever you may be looking for, you will probably find it in this guide.
I will go in-depth in every important setting and give you some suggestions from my experience or from my research on the best Fortnite Pro player’s settings.
Best Video/Graphics Fortnite Settings
- Window Mode: Always full screen. You don’t want to be running on anything else. Also, the latest Windows build has done a pretty good job with full-screen optimizations. So full-screen mode is the way to go.
- Resolution: Match the resolution with your Monitors resolution. If you got a 1080p monitor then set the resolution to 1980×1020.
- Frame rate limit: I prefer to set it to UNLIMITED, but if you want, you can set it at your monitor’s refresh rate. If, for example, your monitor is 144hz, then cap it at 144fps or 165fps.
- Brightness: I always leave the default value. You can change it as you wish, it doesn’t affect performance.
- User interface contrast: Same as brightness.
- Colorblind mode: Deuteranope
- Colorblind strength: 3
- Quality presets: Set it to Low.
- 3D Resolution: Should be set to 100%. If you don’t set it to 100% your game will look blurry and pixelated.
- View distance: Set it to Near or Medium.
- Shadows: Off, you don’t need them plus they don’t give you many benefits.
- Anti-aliasing: Off for the best performance.
- Textures: Low
- Effects: Low
- Post processing: Low
- Vsync: Always off.
- Motion blur: Always off, since it hinders performance and makes the game harder to play.
- Show FPS: Turn it on.
- Rendering Mode: DirectX 11. I prefer DirectX 11 because it allows exclusive full screen and has lower latency/input lag, but Directx 12 / Performance mode works better for some people. Play few games with each of the Rendering modes to see which one feels better to you. Make sure to restart your game every time you change the rendering mode for the changes to take effect.
- Allow multithreaded rendering: Leave it Enabled.
- Use GPU crash debugging: Off
Extra Fortnite settings FOR NVIDIA USERS
- Latency Markers: OFF
- Nvidia Reflex Low latency: Test it, start with Ultra.
- Latency flash: off
Now considering you are done with the in game setttings, let’s move on editing Fortnite’s settings configuration file.
Best Config File Fortnite Settings
To find the settings configuration file, on the left bottom of your screen, click on the Windows icon and type %appdata%, and hit enter. A window will pop up. If you are in the Roaming folder, please navigate to the AppData folder by clicking on it.
Then double click on the Local folder.
Then look for FortniteGame folder and double click on it.
Enter Saved folder -> Config -> WindowsClient, and inside the WindowsClient folder, you should see a file named GameUserSettings.ini, right-click on it and choose Edit.
Look the settings below and change them accordingly.
Once you’ve changed and confirmed the settings, on the top left side of the file, click on File and then choose Save.
Fortnite Settings used by Pro Players
Below you can find the best Fortnite settings used by pro-Fortnite players.
Mongraal Fortnite settings
Kyle “Mongraal” Jackson is a professional Fortnite player playing for FaZe Clan. He is also a CC on youtube and can also be found streaming on Twitch.
Mongraal’s Graphics Fortnite settings
Mongraal’s graphics settings in Fortnite are identical to the settings i showed you above.
Mongraal’s Game Fortnite settings
Game settings tab of Mongraal’s is like the default one, he haven’t changed anything.
- Matchmaking Region: Auto
- Language: Whatever
- Toggle Sprint: Off
- Sprint by default: On
- Sprint cancels reloading: Off
- Auto open doors: Off
- Hold to swap pickup: On
- Toggle targeting: Off
- Mark danger when targeting: On
- Auto pick up weapons: Off
- Auto sort consumables to right: On
- Reset building choice: Off
Mongraal’s HUD Fortnite settings
Mongraal is using a HUD SCALE of 60%.
Pickup loot stream is turned off.
Map & Backpack keys is turned off.
Vehicle controls off.
The rest of the settings are the default ones.
Mongraal’s Mouse settings & Mouse Sensitivity Fortnite settings
X-AXIS SENSITIVITY: 9.0%
Y-AXIS SENSITIVITY: 9.0%
TARGETING SENSITIVITY: 30%
SCOPE SENSITIVITY: 30%
IGNORE GAMEPAD INPUT: OFF
LOCK INPUT METHOD AS MOUSE: ON
Mouse used by Mongraal : Logitech G402OPT
MOUSE DPI: 800
POLLING RATE: 1000hz
Mouse acceleration: OFF
You can turn Mouse acceleration off by doing the following:
- Go to your search bar and type “change the mouse pointer display or speed“
- Click on the available option
- You should be able to see an option called “Enhance pointer precision“
- Uncheck it and click apply, and then OK.
- You are done!
Mongraal’s Audio Fortnite settings
These are Mongraal’s Audio settings. He disables the in-game Music and turns off “Visualize sound effects” / “3D Headphones” / “Background Audio” options.
Headphones Mongraal is using: SS Arctis Pro
Microphone Mongraal is using: Yeti Nano
- Forward: W
- Left: A
- Backward: S
- Right: D
- Walls: Mouse 5 button
- Platform: Mouse DPI Button
- Stairs: Mouse 4 button
- Roof: Left shift
- Trap slot: C
Mouse buttons are based on the Logitech G402OPT that he is using.
- Harvesting tool: Q
- Weapon Slot 1: 2
- Weapon Slot 2: E
- Weapon Slot 3: R
- Weapon Slot 4: 4
- Weapon Slot 5: X
Rest of the keybinds:
- Use key(Open chests): Mouse wheel UP
- Edit Build Key: F
- Open Inventory Key: Left Alt
- Crouch Key: Left Ctrl
- Sprint Key: No key ( It’s enabled to run by default)
- Open Map: M
- Reload Key: Mouse Wheel button
- Rotate key: 5
- Repair Key: 1
- Emote Key: F1
- Push to talk key: F4
Keyboard Mongraal is using: Apex Pro TKL
Mousepad Mongraal is using: INKED Playmats
Useful info about Mongraal that might help you!
- Mongraal scrolls (binds for reloading, use, and reset) with his middle finger.
- ] is actually bound to another button on his mouse on the edge of the left click (he uses those binds for ping + autorun)
- It seems like he actually presses both X and C with the index and V, B, and M with the thumb
- He is utilizing double movement when building; he does triple edits while double movements to the left
- His inked gaming XL pad is placed about 3 or 4ish inches away from the edge of the desk vertically
- His inked gaming pad feels like a slightly faster GSR SE, which feels much better with a g402.
- Mongraal’s main reason for playing on high sensitivity is that he believes that you can play much better, but you have to get used.
Mongraal’s sensitivity history
All credits for the following statistics go to Pleo
- Jun 22, 2018 – 10% x+y | 400 dpi
- Aug 6, 2018 – 10% x 7% y | 400 dpi
- Aug 30, 2018 – 10% x+y | 400 dpi
- Sep 29, 2018 – 11% x 8% y | 400 dpi
- Dec 9, 2018 – 11% x 10% y | 400 dpi
- Feb 20, 2019 – 10.8% x 9.8% y | 400 dpi
- Jul 2, 2019 – 11.8% x 10.8% y | 400 dpi
- Aug 19, 2019 – 10.8% x+y | 400 dpi
- Aug 23, 2019 – 9.5% x+y | 400 dpi
- Sep 1, 2019 – 9.2% x+y | 400 dpi
- Sep 13, 2019 – 9.3 x+y | 400 dpi
- Sep 21, 2019 – 9.1 x+y | 400 dpi
- Sep 23, 2019 – 9.6% x+y | 400 dpi
- Sep 25, 2019 – 9.8% x+y | 400 dpi
- Oct 17, 2019 – 10.4% x+y | 400 dpi
- Oct 29, 2019 – 10.8% x+y | 400 dpi
- Nov 3, 2019 – 11.2% x+y | 400 dpi
- Nov 10, 2019 – 11.1% x+y | 400 dpi
- Nov 14, 2019 – 5.6% x+y | 800 dpi
- Dec 16, 2019 – 5.4% x+y | 800 dp
- Feb 9, 2020! – 5.2% x+y | 800 dpi
- Mar 9, 2020 – 4.9% x+y | 800 dpi
- May 3, 2020 – 5% x+y | 800 dpi
- May 28, 2020 – 5.5% x+y | 800 dpi
- Jul 11, 2020 – 5.8% x+y | 800 dpi
- Jul 27, 2020 – 6% x+y | 800 dpi
- Aug 3, 2020 – 5.8% x+y | 800 dpi
- Sep 28, 2020 – 6.2% x+y | 800 dpi
- Oct 27, 2020 – 9% x+y | 800 dpi
Enhance your gaming experience
If, after following this guide, you still can’t optimize your game or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me, and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.
Using a VPN?
If you absolutely need to use a VPN for whatever reason, then make sure they have a lot of servers across the world, as well as their servers, are the fastest with the lowest ping possible. If you are looking for the best gaming and general use VPN without spending too much money, then you should grab NordVPN for 68% Off + 3 months FREE.
If you’ve applied everything you read in this guide, I am pretty sure you are ready to go back to Fortnite and start dominating everyone. If you are still facing any issues with Fortnite or your computer, please feel free to contact me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible to help you out.