Last Updated on 1st February 2023
Every modern PC can handle Escape from Tarkov with ease on relatably high fps. The main focus of players looking for the best Escape from Tarkov settings is to achieve the highest FPS possible, lowest input lag and latency, and have the smoothest possible gameplay.
Apart from those settings, it’s also important to optimize your mouse, control, and sensitivity settings. I am not the most experienced Escape from Tarkov player, so I will suggest you settings from Pro Escape from Tarkov players.
Below I will go over everything you need to know about Escape from Tarkov camera settings, controller settings, binds, graphics settings, and even sound settings to hear footsteps clearer. If you’ve played Escape from Tarkov for any time, you should have released that the default settings don’t allow you to play at your best potential.
Sticking to the default settings will disadvantage you no matter how good you are. So we will improve all the settings to get you the most benefits.
Also, at the end of this post, you’ll find resources to optimize your PC to achieve higher performance, fps, less input lag, and less latency in Escape from Tarkov and any other game you might be playing.
Best Escape from Tarkov settings
When it comes to the best Escape from Tarkov settings, whatever you may be looking for, you will probably find it in this guide.
I will go in-depth in every important setting and give you some suggestions from my experience or from my research on the best Escape from Tarkov Pro player’s settings.
Best Escape From Tarkov Game Settings
In the “Game settings” tab on EFT, most settings will be based on your preference except for a few. Below you can find what each setting does, and on the most important settings, you’ll also find my recommendations.
The settings you should be focusing on here are the FOV, Use only physical cores and the Auto Ram Cleaner. FOV has to do a lot with your gameplay and possibly accuracy, so you’ll have to do some tests to find the sweet spot.
In contrast, the Use only physical cores and Auto Ram Cleaner settings have to do with the performance and fps of your game. Both parts are important, so choose and optimize wisely.
- Interface Language: Choose the language that you prefer.
- Main menu Background: Random
- Quick slots: Personal Preference
- It’s the bar on the bottom of your screen where you have your number keys.
- Stamina and stance: Personal Preference
- It shows your stamina and stance.
- Health condition: Personal Preference
- Shows your health.
- Health color scheme: Colored
- Highlight available operations: Everything
- Notification channel type: Default
- Auto Ram Cleaner: If you are using ISLC, you don’t have to enable this. If you don’t use ISLC, I recommend enabling the Auto Ram Cleaner because it can help you.
- Use Only physical cores: Bizarre setting depend highly on your specific CPU. My recommendation is to follow everything in this guide, and once you are done, get into a game and try enabling and disabling this setting to see which options give you the highest and most consistent frames per second. You’ll get better performance most of the time by enabling it on Intel CPUs and disabling it on AMD CPUs.But again, I highly recommend you test it out.
- FOV: You’ll see many different opinions on the internet about this particular setting. My recommendation is to start with 75 and start lowering the value until you get the perfect balance for yourself.
- Head bobbing: Turn it as low as possible.
Best Escape From Tarkov Graphics Settings
One of EFT’s most crucial settings tabs is the “Graphics Settings” tab. These settings will determine a big percentage of the overall frames per second you are getting in EFT and the in-game visibility.
These settings are the optimal graphics settings for EFT, but if your pc can’t handle these, try lowering a few of them to achieve the performance you are looking for.
- Screen Resolution: Native Resolution
- Screen Mode: Fullscreen unless you must alt-tab a lot of times, so prefer borderless.
- The full screen will give you the best fps possible and the lowest input lag and latency.
- Aspect Ratio: Based on your monitor but you can change it if you want.
- Vsync: Off
- It adds too much input lag, so it’s not worth it at all.
- Texture Quality: High Quality (If your pc can handle it)
- The frames per second you’ll lose from turning this from low to high are well deserved.
- Shadows Quality: Low
- Low shadow quality, apart from saving you frames per second, also gives you an advantage because it makes it easier for you to spot enemies.
- Object LOD quality: 2
- Please set it to a low value for the maximum visibility of enemies.
- Overall Visibility: 2000
- Details on the background. Doesn’t affect enemies.
- Shadow Visibility: 40
- Antialiasing: TAA or disabled.
- If your pc can handle it, go with TAA. If not, disable it.
- Resampling: 1x
- It really depends on your PC. Try testing this setting and find the balance between quality and performance. If your game is running just fine, then leave it at 1x.
- HBAO: Off
- Adds more details and information from particles at a distance. However, it can make some parts of the map a little darker than usual and decrease your FPS.
- SSR: Off
- Water and Sun reflections. It makes everything that has a reflection look more beautiful, but it decreases performance, so turn it off.
- Anisotropic Filtering: Off
- Sharpness: 1.0 – 3.0
- Lobby FPS Limit: 60
- Game FPS Limit: 120
I don’t think any of the settings on the bottom of the graphics tab are worth enabling because they really hit your FPS and the differences are minimal on the quality part.
- HighQualityColor: Off
- Z-Blur: Off
- Chrom. aberrations: Off
- Noise: Off
- Grass Shadows: Off
Best Escape From Tarkov Postfx Settings
Moving into the PostFX settings of EFT. Here you’ll have to find a combination that works nicely for you. Get into a game and read my tips and recommendations below to start optimizing your PostFX settings. Click on the VISUALIZE button under the PostFX settings, and there you can start tweaking them and see the effects in real-time.
You can copy my settings as well, but I highly recommend you get my settings as a starting point and tweak them to find the sweet spot for yourself.
- Brightness: 15-20
- Saturation: 35-40
- Clarity: 70-80
- Colorfulness: 20-30
- Luma sharpen: 0
- Adaptive sharpen: 70-85
- Color grading: None
- Intensity: 0
- Colorblind mode: None
- Intensity: 0
Best Escape From Tarkov Sound Settings
On the sound settings, there is one tip I can give you. That is, to have the game as loud as you can stand without damaging your ears because every single little noise that you hear in-game can give you a huge advantage and spot enemies before you even see them.
- Overall Sound: 100
- Interface Sound: 30
- Chat Volume: 0
- Music Volume: 0
- Hideout Volume: 0
- Music on Raid end: Disabled.
- Binaural Sound: Enabled.
Best Escape From Tarkov Controls Settings
If you are playing other competitive shooter games like CS: GO, for example, you want to set the sensitivity slightly lower than you’ve used to. Sensitivity on Escape From Tarkov, like in any other games, is a personal preference and how you like it. Other external factors have a role in this: your mouse, mousepad, the position of your hands, etc.
The best way to find the perfect sensitivity in Escape From Tarkov(EFT) is to just test and mix up the values until you find the one combination you feel comfortable playing with. Below you can find settings from Pro EFT players that can give you a good starting point.
lvndmark Escape from Tarkov(EFT) settings
Below you can find the settings that lvndmark is using on Escape from Tarkov and his pc build and peripherals to match these settings.
Guides to Optimize your PC
Below you can find some posts from me that will help you optimize your PC even more and possibly increase your FPS.
- Windows 11 Ultimate Optimization Guide
- Best NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
- Best AMD Radeon Settings
- Debloat Windows 10
- Reduce & Stabilize your Ping
- Unpark your CPU cores
- Create a custom Power plan to unlock performance
Enhance your gaming experience
If, after following this guide, you still can’t optimize the game or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me, and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.