In this guide, we’ll explore the best DNS servers for NOW Broadband, including their features and benefits. So get ready to join us on an adventure as we dive into everything you need to know about finding NOW Broadband’s fastest, most secure, and overall best DNS server!
Do I Need a DNS Server for NOW Broadband?
When you sign up with NOW Broadband, your devices are automatically configured to use NOW Broadband’s default DNS servers. These servers are designed to be reliable and to work seamlessly with your NOW Broadband internet connection. The question is, should you change your NOW Broadband DNS servers or keep the defaults?
- Optimized for NOW Broadband: These DNS servers are tailored for NOW Broadband’s infrastructure, ensuring compatibility and smooth performance.
- Automatic Updates: NOW Broadband regularly updates and maintains its DNS servers, ensuring they are secure and up-to-date without any effort on your part.
- Customer Support: If you face DNS-related issues, NOW Broadband’s customer support is familiar with their servers and can assist you directly.
- Speed: While NOW Broadband’s DNS servers are reliable, they might not always be the fastest option available, especially during peak usage times.
- Lack of Additional Features: Third-party DNS servers often have added features like content filtering, enhanced security, or anti-phishing measures. NOW Broadband’s default DNS might not offer these extra perks.
- Privacy Concerns: Some users prefer third-party DNS servers due to data logging or privacy concerns.
While NOW Broadband’s default DNS servers are a solid choice for many, depending on your needs, you might find that a third-party option offers benefits that better align with your internet habits.
Best DNS Servers for NOW Broadband
While NOW Broadband offers its default DNS servers, several third-party options are available. These can potentially offer faster browsing speeds, enhanced security, and even content filtering. But with so many options, which is the best for your NOW Broadband connection?
In this guide, we’ll dive deep into the world of DNS servers, explore the top-recommended DNS servers for NOW Broadband users, and provide you with the knowledge to make an informed decision.
1. Google Public DNS
Google DNS servers provide you with an easy-to-use and reliable DNS solution for gaming and everyday use. It’s the biggest DNS service, so you can expect it to be well-maintained, have efficient networks, and have a secure connection to protect your data from malicious actors. It also comes with improved speeds over other providers due to its high global server availability.
GoogleDNS continuously updates its protocols to enhance its speed and security capabilities further. This makes it one of the most trusted choices for NOW Broadband users looking for a reliable DNS server.
- Speedy and reliable browsing.
- Protection against DNS-based attacks.
- No redirection of mistyped URLs.
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
OpenDNS service is another excellent choice for people in NOW Broadband who want the fastest connection, reliability, and enhanced security. By routing web requests through its own servers, OpenDNS ensures that users can quickly access websites and services with minimized latency.
Additionally, OpenDNS provides content filtering options that allow parents or network administrators to prevent access to age-inappropriate content.
Thanks to its fast speeds and strong security capabilities, OpenDNS DNS servers are the best choice for users looking for a reliable and secure DNS server for NOW Broadband.
- Parental controls and content filtering.
- Phishing protection.
- High-speed connections.
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Cloudflare is one of the most popular and fastest DNS servers used worldwide, thanks to its speed and robust infrastructure capabilities. Their servers are located globally, increasing the chances of one being very close to NOW Broadband servers.
In addition, Cloudflare offers additional features like privacy protection, blocking malicious IP addresses, and flexible customization options for its users.
Cloudflare makes it easy for anyone to access a secure, fast, and reliable DNS service in NOW Broadband that is backed by one of the most experienced companies in the field.
- Fast browsing speeds.
- Enhanced privacy measures.
- Protection against phishing attacks and malware.
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Quad9 DNS servers rely on advanced threat intelligence to protect users against known malicious sites while providing fast DNS times for NOW Broadband. Its global server network also allows users to access any server online from NOW Broadband without compromising performance or security measures put in place by Quad9’s services.
This makes Quad9 one of the best choices for NOW Broadband internet users looking for a reliable and secure online experience and fast speeds that can keep up with even the most demanding internet needs.
- Real-time blocklist of harmful sites.
- Privacy-centric with no logging of personal data.
- Enhanced security against cyber threats.
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
5. NordVPN Private DNS Servers
NordVPN users can enjoy superior privacy and security thanks to the private DNS feature in the NordVPN native apps. This prevents third parties from accessing user traffic, meaning that all DNS requests go only through NordVPN’s secure servers.
Additionally, NordVPN’s private DNS servers ensure a secure connection that is not tolerant of leaks, preventing malicious actors from gaining access to sensitive data while using your NOW Broadband connection.
- Enhanced privacy: NordVPN’s DNS does not log any user activity.
- Protection against DNS leaks, ensuring your browsing remains private.
- Blocks malicious domains, providing an extra layer of security.
NordVPN’s DNS servers are a great choice, especially for those who prioritize privacy and security in their online activities.
How to Change Your DNS Servers on NOW Broadband Equipment
Switching your DNS server can be a game-changer for your online experience. If you’re a NOW Broadband user, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you make the switch on any NOW Broadband equipment:
- Access Your NOW Broadband Router Settings:
- Connect to your NOW Broadband network.
- Open a web browser and enter the default gateway for NOW Broadband equipment, typically “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1“.
- Log in using the default credentials. If you haven’t changed them, the username is often “admin”, and the password might be “admin” or “password”. You might need to reset your router to its default settings if you’ve set a custom password and can’t remember it.
- Navigate to DNS Settings:
- Once logged in, look for a section labeled “DNS Settings“, “Internet Settings“, or something similar.
- You should see fields labeled “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS“.
- Enter the New DNS Addresses:
- Replace the existing numbers with the IP addresses of your chosen DNS server.
- Save your changes.
- Restart and Test:
- After saving, it’s a good idea to restart your router to ensure the new settings take effect.
- Once everything’s up and running, you can use a service like DNS Leak Test to ensure your new DNS settings are working correctly.
Note: While changing DNS settings is generally safe, always note down the original settings before making changes. This way, you can revert to the default if needed.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a DNS Server for NOW Broadband
Selecting a DNS server for NOW Broadband isn’t just about picking the most popular option. It’s about finding the one that aligns best with your needs. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Speed and Performance:
- A faster DNS server can lead to quicker website load times. Tools like DNSPerf or DNS Speed Test can help you compare the response times of various DNS servers on your NOW Broadband connection.
- Security Features:
- Some DNS servers offer added security layers, blocking malicious websites or providing protection against phishing attacks. If security is a priority, look for DNS servers with these features.
- Privacy Policies:
- Uptime and Reliability:
- A DNS server’s reliability is crucial. Look for servers with high uptime percentages, ensuring consistent connectivity.
- Geographic Coverage:
- Some DNS servers have a global network of servers, ensuring fast response times regardless of your NOW Broadband server location.
- Additional Features:
- Some users might need specific features, like content filtering or parental controls. If you have particular requirements, ensure the DNS server you choose offers those functionalities.
Remember, the best DNS server for your NOW Broadband connection might not be the best for someone else. It’s all about understanding your needs and finding a server that meets them.
Remember, the internet is an ever-evolving landscape. As a NOW Broadband user, you have the flexibility and tools at our disposal to optimize our online experience. Whether you’re seeking faster load times, tighter security, or just curious about potential benefits, experimenting with different DNS servers can be super rewarding.
Your feedback and experiences are invaluable! Have you tried switching DNS servers on your NOW Broadband connection? Which one did you find the best? Share your insights or questions in the comments below.