In this post, I will go through the best settings for Albion Online to give you an advantage over the rest of the players. At the end of this guide, you will have lower loading times between zones, see more details in-game, optimize settings to give you a PvP advantage, and boost your fps.
Below you will find the most important settings you should be optimizing, briefly explaining and giving you my recommendations. Every Albion settings tab has at least a few important settings that you can utilize, and the useless ones or the ones which are completely personal preference, I will skip.
Best Albion Online Settings
Below you’ll find all the settings i mentioned above categorized as they are in Albion.
Best Albion General Settings
- Skip Intro Video
- Camera Shake
- It’s not going to help you at all, so turn it off.
- When buying items, select full stock by default
- Obviously, you don’t want to enable this because, let’s say you want to buy 1 potion and there are 999 available, you will automatically purchase all of them.
- Warning before entering PvP areas
- You want this always-on because if you are AFK in a yellow zone and assuming there is a group of people whose builds are based on dragging you to a red zone if you have this setting on, they can’t do that because you will have to accept the pop up to get into the red zone.
This is very important, make sure you show vanity for yourself, but you only want to see other people’s vanity in a safe zone for both allies and enemies because this will greatly reduce your loading time. Also, you will be able to tell what the enemy is using against you. Let’s say you are fighting a guy with a weird hat or clown armor. You got no idea what that is.
Best Albion Video Settings
Go ahead and choose low, and it will set everything to low. Now you want to make sure everything is set as low or off as you can except the Show effects option. Show Effects need to be set to ALL. If Show Effects is set to off, you’ll not see the effects at all, your character will make the motion, but you will not see anything.
Another important setting here is the Obscured Character Highlighting. What this does is, if someone is hiding behind a wall or mob or player, it will highlight him in red color, so that means that players will not be able to hide behind objects. It also helps when running on different dungeons where you will be able to see hidden mobs.
With that being said the best graphics settings for Albion Online would be the following:
- I always recommend full screen, but for some weird reason, on my laptop, it runs better on borderless fullscreen, and on my desktop runs better on fullscreen, and I can’t really explain why. So please test it out, but full screen is the way to go for most of you.
- Choose the native resolution of your monitor.
- Frame Rate Limit
- Don’t use Vsync, too much input lag.
- Visual Quality
- Number of Shadow Cascades
- Show Effects
- Shader Quality
- Prefab Quality
- Shadow Resolution
- Shadow Distance
- Animation Quality
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Anisotropic Texture Filtering
- Windows Animations
- Camera Shake
- Animated Vegetation
- Obscured Character Highlighting
Best Albion Audio Settings
Let’s talk about audio settings in Albion. When looking for a corrupted dudgeon or group dungeon, you want ambient at 100% and Master volume at 100%. Another thing that is very important in PvP is the Sound Effects. You want this to be all the way up so you can hear sounds from specific skills used by your opponents.
Best Albion Interface Settings
Hud size and Spell bar are optional settings since they won’t have any effect on the performance. Same with the General settings, mostly a personal preference. Now, for combat, you can turn on Only Player-Related Damage Numbers, but if you are a new player, it’s vital to have this off so you don’t aggro a mob that hits you with serious damage.
Spell indicator Intensity should be set to 100% to see the full details of the spell that either you or the enemy is casting. Make sure to enable all damage settings to see both allies and enemies, damage dealt & heals. The same goes for Name Tags, enable every single setting, and on the Nametag type, choose Big.
Show offscreen Nametags -> ON . If you have this off, you can get ganked and don’t even see people coming.
Best Albion Control Settings
The most important setting here and the one that I can recommend for everyone to use is the Quick Cast on button Press. It’s better to have it on button press than on button release because it will save you a few milliseconds.
What quick cast does is that it allows you to cast your spell without the spell indicator. If you are new, you can play with the spell indicator until you get used to your build ranges, but once you do get used, you should immediately switch to quick cast.
Suggestions to increase performance in Albion
- Make sure you have Albion Online installed on an SSD. I can’t stress enough how important this is for your loading times, and it can save you from a lot of situations where gankers are after you and can benefit you as well if you are the ganker.
- Make sure your graphics card settings are correctly configured. If you don’t know-how, no worries, follow my guides below.
- If you experience low fps or fps drops & stutters, maybe it’s time to debloat your system and make sure all your CPU cores are running.
- A lot of Albion players are experiencing high ping because of the location of the servers. You might want to make sure that your network settings are correctly configured to reduce and stabilize your ping possibly.
- Windows 11 Ultimate Optimization Guide
Last but not least
Go ahead and download Malwarebytes. By using my link you can get a 14-day premium trial as well as 25% off if you decide to continue using the premium version. If you want to be totally safe on the internet and can afford it, get the premium version and you’ll never have to worry again about viruses, malware, adware, spyware, etc.
Install Malwarebytes and then open it. Click on Scanner -> Advanced Scanners ->Configure Scan, and select the option scan for rootkits and also, on the right side, select all your drives and click on Scan. This scan may take a lot of time, but it can save you from serious issues especially if you use your computer for transactions, work, etc.
Once the scan is completed, quarantine everything and restart your PC.
If after following this guide you still can’t optimize Albion Online or you feel like your PC is underperforming, you can book a PC Optimization appointment with me and I will be more than happy to help you out and solve all your problems and dramatically improve your pc performance.
Using a VPN?
If you absolutely need to use a VPN for whatever reason, then make sure they have a lot of servers across the world, as well as their servers, are the fastest with the lowest ping possible. If you are looking for the best gaming and general use VPN without spending too much money, then you should take a look at NordVPN and get 3 Months completely FREE!
These were the optimal game settings for Albion Online. Of course, you can go ahead and turn every single setting to the maximum quality to have beautiful graphics(if your pc can handle it). But still, with the settings above, the in-game visibility and advantage you get are superior and will surely pay for the graphic loss in the long run.