Banned from HostGator? Get Unbanned and Recover your Account
Did you log into your HostGator account and get notified that you have been banned from HostGator? For many people, receiving this message can be an overwhelming experience, and leave them wondering if they can get their HostGator account unbanned.
If you’re among those whose HostGator accounts have been banned, don’t panic. This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to get unbanned from HostGator & recover your banned account.
Understanding why HostGator accounts can be banned is essential to avoid future issues as well as to be able to appeal your HostGator ban. Many reasons can lead to an account suspension, including engaging in prohibited activities, violating the rules, or not adhering to community guidelines.
Such activities include sharing inappropriate content, engaging in fraudulent behavior, promoting spam comments or messages, or posting misleading information.
Can you unban a HostGator account?
Getting banned from HostGator might not mean a permanent ban on your account. However, the chances of getting your HostGator account unbanned depend on the reason you got banned from HostGator.
For example, suppose you were banned from HostGator for exploiting the website. In that case, the possibility of getting unbanned from HostGator is entirely different than a ban for multiple logins from the same IP address/device.
Like almost every other company, HostGator takes its Terms of Service very seriously and will punish anyone who breaks the rules. Therefore, if you’ve been banned for breaking their ToS on an extreme level, the chances of getting your account back are low, but if you think that you did nothing wrong or the violation was not that extreme, you can appeal your HostGator ban.
If they don’t recover your banned HostGator account and they’ve blacklisted your IP address and personal information, no worries; we got you covered.
You can find more details on bypassing HostGator bans later in this guide.
How To Get Unbanned from HostGator
If you’ve been permanently banned from HostGator, you may be wondering what options you have to recover it.
Typically, recovery is only possible if HostGator made a mistake in blocking/disabling your account or if the support agent has the best day of his life.
This article will provide the best solution and guidance on how to get unbanned from HostGator.
We will cover everything from filing an appeal form and providing sufficient evidence to prove your innocence to recovering your account, keeping it safe, and never getting banned again.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to get your HostGator ban lifted quickly.
Option 1: Appeal your HostGator account ban
I highly recommend that you use the same device on HostGator and connect from the same WiFi or Mobile network you typically use. So they can verify that you are the person that typically uses this account and avoids any extra questions or back and forth.
1. HostGator ban appeal
Below you can find instructions on how to appeal the HostGator ban:
Log in to your banned HostGator account on their official support website.
Scroll down on the home page, and look for the “Help”, “Support”, or “Help Center” page and click on it.
Under the “Suspended accounts” section locate the “Contact us” or “File an Appeal” option and click on it.
If a prompt asks you to log in again, enter your details to log in.
Now you should see a form asking you for personal details and additional details related to your ban.
When appealing a HostGator ban, it’s essential to keep your frustration away, be polite and concise, and provide details about your account and the situation to their support team.
Here’s a suggested structure to help you write an effective and polite appeal to HostGator:
- Begin with a polite salutation: Start by addressing the HostGator support team with a warm greeting, such as “Dear HostGator Support Team, I hope you are doing great!”.
- Introduce yourself: Briefly introduce yourself and provide your name, username, and email address associated with your HostGator account. This will help the support team identify your account quickly and avoid any back and forth.
- Explain the issue: Clearly and concisely explain that your account has been banned, the type of ban, and the reason provided by HostGator for the ban.
- Acknowledge any mistakes: If you believe you unintentionally violated HostGator’s guidelines, acknowledge your mistakes, and express your understanding of the rules. Assure the support team that you will avoid repeating the same errors in the future.
- Present your case: Politely present your case and explain why you believe the ban was unjustified or should be lifted. To strengthen your case, provide relevant evidence, such as screenshots or supporting documents. (Everything helps, so don’t skip screenshots because you are lazy or you think that it won’t help)
- Request a review: Request the support team to review your case and reconsider the ban. Express your willingness to cooperate and provide any additional information they may require.
- Thank the support team: Show appreciation for their time and effort in reviewing your case, and thank them in advance for their help.
- Sign off: Conclude your appeal with a polite closing, such as “Sincerely” or “Best regards,” followed by your name.
Remember to keep your tone respectful and professional throughout your ban appeal. While there’s no guarantee that your HostGator ban will be lifted, a well-written and honest ban appeal can increase your chances of recovering access to your account.
DON’T LIE. If they decide to manually review your case, believe me, they will find out instantly if you’ve lied to them in your appeal and will permanently ban your HostGator account, and you won’t be able to appeal again. They have logs about everything you’ve done with your account, so don’t be a smartass.
Once you’ve completed the form, click on the blue “Submit” button on the bottom right. Your HostGator ban appeal is sent to their customer support, and you are one step closer to getting your account unbanned!
2. Wait for a response
After submitting your appeal to HostGator, the next step is patiently waiting for a response. The support team may receive a high volume of appeal requests, and it may take some time for them to review your case thoroughly.
Waiting for a response can be a nerve-wracking experience, but it’s crucial to remain calm and trust the appeal process.
During the waiting period, it’s a good idea to withhold from submitting multiple appeals, as this could potentially slow down the process and even hinder your chances of a unban.
If your ban is lifted, learn from the experience and avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
If your appeal is unsuccessful, you still have the option to create a new account, but remember to adhere to HostGator’s guidelines closely to prevent any further bans. Follow OPTION 2 of this guide.
3. Getting HostGator to rethink your ban
If HostGator’s support team has replied that they won’t lift the ban, you can try one more time to appeal the ban by emphasizing your commitment to following the guidelines and offering more context on the situation.
This might be your last chance to get unbanned from HostGator, so be careful and include everything that could help lift the ban.
Here’s a suggested structure for writing an effective second appeal for a HostGator ban:
- Express gratitude: Thank them for taking the time to review your appeal and for responding.
- Address their concerns: Politely address the reasons they provided for not lifting the ban. If you have any additional information or context that might change their perspective, be sure to include it. Provide specific examples of how you plan to avoid violating HostGator’s guidelines in the future.
- Emphasize your commitment to the platform: Explain how much you value HostGator as a whole and that you’re committed to being a responsible user.
- Offer a plan for improvement: Propose a clear plan of action that demonstrates how you will adhere to the guidelines moving forward. For example, you could mention that you will avoid using third-party apps, or take measures to ensure that your content is appropriate and respectful, etc. (Depending on the reason you got banned)
- Request a second chance: Politely request that the support team reconsider their decision, taking into account the additional information you’ve provided and your commitment to improving.
- Thank the support team again: Show appreciation for the support team’s time and effort in reviewing your follow-up message and for considering your request.
Now all you have to do is wait for their second reply.
If it’s negative, I would recommend you don’t spend any more of your time trying to get unbanned from HostGator.
Most likely, by now, they’ve blacklisted your personal information, device, and IP address. If you create a new account the traditional way, you will get banned instantly or shortly after.
If you want to know how to bypass these and get back to HostGator, you can follow the guide below and bypass the ban.
Option 2: If HostGator doesn’t lift your ban, you can bypass it.
If they refuse to lift your ban, they’ve most likely blacklisted you and every single piece of information related to you, which includes (payment methods, email, IP Address, etc.) from accessing HostGator.
1. Request Data Deletion
Requesting a data deletion is particularly important if you decide to create a new account, as you’ll want to start with a clean slate and protect your new account from potential bans.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws, you have the right to request the deletion of your data from any service provider, including HostGator.
How to request a data deletion from HostGator:
- Find a support email address from their website or a contact form.
- Send an email to the HostGator support team.
- In the subject line, write “Data Deletion Request”.
- In the body of the email, include your full name, username, and the email address associated with your account.
- Clearly state that you’re requesting the deletion of your personal data.
- They may require additional information or verification before processing your request.
That’s it; you don’t have to wait until they confirm that all your data has been removed to proceed with the guide.
2. Uninstall the HostGator app & Clear All Traces from the browser.
Uninstall the HostGator app or browser activity from your devices and ensure no files are left that could link you back to the previous ban.
On your Android phone, navigate to Settings > Manage Apps or Settings > Apps to access the complete list of installed apps. Look for HostGator, Select it, and then press the uninstall option.
On IOS devices, navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and choose to delete HostGator.
On PC or if you use just the browser, preferably uninstall the browser and reinstall it.
3. Get A New Phone Number Ready.
You cannot create a new HostGator account with the same number and not get banned instantly. So that means you will need a new phone number.
Google Voice numbers, TextMe Now app phone numbers, and most free apps or phone numbers you will find online are already recognized and flagged by HostGator and almost all major platforms.
No worries, though; there are easy ways to get around this.
The first option is to register using a friend’s or family member’s mobile number and then ask them to send you the verification code to proceed with the registration.
The best option, in my opinion, is to get a cheap VoIP phone number to receive text messages from HostGator for registration and verification purposes.
You can get a phone number that will work for HostGator from Tossable Digits or Hushed or smsPVA or Sim5.
Another thing you could do is to go and get a new SIM card from your favorite service provider in your Country.
4. Get A New Email Address.
You won’t be able to create a new HostGator account with the same email address. You will be instantly linked to the previous ban, and your new account will be flagged and banned shortly after. You will need this email for the next step as well.
Pretty easy to do; use your favorite email provider and create a new email address. Once you are all set up, proceed to the next step.
5. Get A High-Quality IP Address.
Your IP address is one of the most important steps, that will even make or break everything you did above to bypass the ban. The best way to change your IP address is to use a VPN service or a proxy server(Proxys need an excellent setup to avoid disconnections and unhiding your IP, so let’s stick with the VPN).
I can’t find a way to make this work for free, because you will need a good VPN 100%, but you can get NordVPN which is the most affordable option that WORKS with HostGator bans.
Once you have downloaded and installed NordVPN, do the following:
- Run NordVPN, go to Settings, and enable the “Kill Switch” option
- Make sure you have enabled OpenVPN (TCP) protocol from the settings tab.
- Click on Servers List and choose the location you wish.
6. Create New Account.
Now that we have everything we need to create a new HostGator account let’s go ahead and create one.
How to create a new HostGator account:
- Make sure you are connected to a VPN server on your device.
- Open the app or official website and click Create Account.
- Enter your new email and mobile phone number, and proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
Once your new account is created, don’t do anything else for now.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE VPN BEFORE YOU CONNECT TO YOUR NEW ACCOUNT.
7. Complete your account details carefully.
I want you to be very careful on this part and follow all my instructions and tips below to avoid getting banned again.
– New payment details
If you make any purchases on HostGator, use a different card than the one you had on your previous account.
– Use the VPN for 40-60 days at least.
Use the VPN when using HostGator for the first 40-60 days after creating your account. After that, you can stop using it if you want to. That will give HostGator enough time to completely delete your data(step 1) and build some trust with your new account and device.
How to Avoid Getting Banned on HostGator
By following the rules below you will be able to avoid getting banned on HostGator in the future.
- Follow HostGator’s Community Guidelines.
- Monitor Your HostGator Account for Suspicious Activity.
- If you think that your HostGator account is hacked, follow our guide on how to protect your HostGator account.
- Avoid Using Bots, Scripts, and Automated Services.
- Do not hack or exploit HostGator.
- Respect the support team.
Frequently Asked Questions: How To Get Unbanned from HostGator
Can HostGator ban me for no reason?
It’s important to note that while rare, HostGator bans may occur due to false positive restrictions. In other words, if your account gets banned for seemingly no reason, it may be due to a mistake on HostGator’s end, either by a system or human error. If this happens, don’t panic. You can contact their support to resolve the issue and potentially get your account reinstated.
How long do HostGator bans last?
If your HostGator account has been banned, it’s important to know that this is usually a permanent decision. However, it doesn’t hurt to try appealing the ban through the HostGator support system, especially if you believe it was a mistake. Keep in mind that the appeals process can be complicated and time-consuming, and there’s no guarantee that you’ll be successful. Nonetheless, it’s worth a shot if you feel strongly about it.
Are all HostGator bans permanent?
If you receive enough strikes for any type of violation, HostGator may permanently ban your account. The exact number of strikes needed for a ban varies depending on the severity of the violation and its potential harm to the community. HostGator doesn’t disclose the specific limits to prevent users from pushing the boundaries.
What happens if your HostGator account is banned?
If your HostGator account is permanently banned, you will no longer have access to any of the platform’s features or your account. It’s essential to understand that a permanent ban means your account is gone for good.
How long does it take to get a banned HostGator account back?
If things go well, your HostGator account can be reinstated in under a week.
Can I make a new HostGator account after being banned?
You can create a new HostGator account after your original account has been permanently banned. But, please keep in mind that HostGator strictly prohibits creating multiple accounts and if they detect another account created by you, it may also get banned.