We’ve all been there. You’re ready to jump on Paramount Plus, but something’s holding you back. It’s that annoying issue where Avira Phantom VPN isn’t working with Paramount Plus for some unknown reasons. Frustrating, isn’t it? But don’t worry, you’re not alone; this problem is more common than you might think.
In this guide, we’ll explore why Avira Phantom VPN is not working with Paramount Plus and provide practical solutions to get you back on track. Whether you’re using Avira Phantom VPN to maintain your privacy or bypass IP Bans, we’ll walk you through the common problems and troubleshooting steps to ensure a smooth Paramount Plus experience.
Avira Phantom VPN not working with Paramount Plus? Here’s how to fix it!
So, if you’ve been scratching your head, wondering why Avira Phantom VPN and Paramount Plus aren’t playing nicely together, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make Paramount Plus work while connected to a Avira Phantom VPN server and fix any issues you may have.
Why is Avira Phantom VPN not working with Paramount Plus?
While Avira Phantom VPN is a reliable and popular VPN service, there are times when it’s not working properly with Paramount Plus, and the reason for it isn’t so obvious.
Here are some of the most frequently reported problems when using Avira Phantom VPN with Paramount Plus:
- Proxy Error Message: This is perhaps the most common issue. When you try to access Paramount Plus, you’re greeted with a message saying you’re using a proxy or VPN, even if you’re using Avira Phantom VPN.
- Slow Connection Speeds: Sometimes, even if you can access Paramount Plus, the connection might be painfully slow.
- Automatic Disconnection: In some cases, users have reported being disconnected from Paramount Plus without any clear reason.
- Access Denied or Not Loading: Even with Avira Phantom VPN activated, some users find that they can’t access Paramount Plus at all, with the site simply refusing to load or open.
- Temporary Bans: Paramount Plus might temporarily ban users who are accessing the platform via a VPN.
- Inconsistent Server Connections: While some Avira Phantom VPN servers might work perfectly with Paramount Plus, others might not, leading to a hit-or-miss experience.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
1. Checking Your Internet Connection
It’s always a good idea to start with the basics. Your internet connection is the backbone of your online activities, and a weak or unstable connection can be the root cause of many issues.
Here’s how you can ensure your internet is up to the task:
- Test Your Speed: Navigate to websites like Speedtest.net or Fast.com to check your internet speed.
- Restart Your Router: Sometimes, simply turning off your router for a minute and then turning it back on can resolve many connectivity issues. It’s a quick fix that often works wonders.
- Test Avira Phantom VPN: Check if Avira Phantom VPN is working and changing your IP Address by visiting What is my IP address?
2. Ensuring Your Avira Phantom VPN App is Up-to-Date
Running outdated Avira Phantom VPN software can sometimes cause issues, including issues like not allowing you to connect on specific websites like Paramount Plus.
Here’s a quick guide on updating Avira Phantom VPN:
- Check Your Version: Open Avira Phantom VPN and go to ‘Settings’ or ‘About’ to see your current version.
- Visit Avira Phantom VPN’s Website: The official download page will show the latest version.
- Update If Needed: If your version is outdated:
- PC: Download and install the latest version from the website.
- Mobile: Update the app via your device’s app store.
- Restart: After updating, restart both the app and your device.
- Log In Again: You might need to sign back into your Avira Phantom VPN account.
3. Switching Avira Phantom VPN Servers
Sometimes, the server you’re connected to might be the issue that Avira Phantom VPN is not working with Paramount Plus. Switching to a different Avira Phantom VPN server can often resolve connectivity problems with Paramount Plus.
Here’s how to change VPN servers on Avira Phantom VPN:
- Open Avira Phantom VPN: Launch the app on your device.
- Disconnect: If you’re already connected to a server, disconnect from it.
- Choose a Different Server:
- You can select a server from a different country or another within the same country.
- Avira Phantom VPN also offers specialized servers. Try connecting to one of those.
- Reconnect: Once you’ve selected a new server, connect to it.
- Test Paramount Plus: Visit Paramount Plus and see if the issue persists.
Switching servers can bypass potential regional blocks, VPN server blocks, or overloaded servers, ensuring a smoother experience on Paramount Plus.
4. Clearing Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Over time, your browser saves data from your online activity that can sometimes interfere with how websites, including Paramount Plus, function. Clearing this cache data and cookies can often resolve VPN connectivity or loading issues.
Here’s a quick guide:
- Open Your Browser: Whether you’re using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, launch it.
- Access Settings: Navigate to the browser’s settings or options menu.
- Find Clear Data Option: Look for options like “Clear browsing data“, “Clear cache“, or “Clear cookies and site data“.
- Select Data to Clear: Ensure you’re clearing both cookies and cached images/files. You can choose the time range (e.g., ‘Last hour’, ‘Last 24 hours’, ‘All time’).
- Clear Data: Click on the clear or delete button.
- Restart Browser: Close and reopen your browser.
- Test Paramount Plus: Connect to Avira Phantom VPN, visit Paramount Plus, and check if the issue has been resolved.
Remember, clearing cookies will log you out of most websites, so have your login credentials handy for any sites you frequently visit. You can always keep all your passwords in one place by using NordPass.
5. Disable IPv6 Addresses
IPv6 is the latest version of the Internet Protocol, but not all platforms and services fully support it yet. Disabling IPv6 can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with Paramount Plus when using Avira Phantom VPN.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Network Settings:
- Windows: Go to ‘Control Panel‘ > ‘Network and Sharing Center‘ > ‘Change adapter settings‘.
- Mac: Go to ‘System Preferences‘ > ‘Network‘.
- Right-click on Your Connection: This could be your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Access Properties:
- Windows: Choose ‘Properties‘.
- Mac: Click ‘Advanced‘ and go to the ‘TCP/IP‘ tab.
- Locate IPv6:
- Windows: Uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)‘.
- Mac: Set the ‘Configure IPv6‘ option to ‘Link-local only‘.
- Save and Exit: Confirm any changes and close the settings.
- Restart Your Device: This ensures the changes take effect.
- Test Paramount Plus with Avira Phantom VPN: Try accessing Paramount Plus while connected to a Avira Phantom VPN server again to see if the issue is resolved.
6. Use Paramount Plus on Your Computer/Laptop
While Paramount Plus is accessible on various devices, including smartphones and tablets, using it on a computer or laptop can sometimes offer a more stable experience.
Here’s why and how:
- Better Stability: Computers and laptops generally have more robust hardware and software, ensuring a smoother browsing experience.
- Easier Troubleshooting: It’s simpler to adjust settings, clear cache, or make other changes on a computer compared to a mobile device.
- VPN Compatibility: Some VPN features or settings might be easier to configure on a computer.
7. Try a Different Browser
Sometimes, the browser itself can be the source of the problem. Switching to a different browser can help identify and potentially resolve the issue. So if you followed all the previous steps and Paramount Plus is still not working while using Avira Phantom VPN, then do the following:
- Choose an Alternative: If you’re using Chrome, consider trying Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera.
- Install and Update: Ensure that the browser you’re switching to is updated to the latest version.
- Disable Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with VPN connections or website functionality. Start with a clean browser or disable extensions to see if that resolves the issue.
- Access Paramount Plus: With the new browser, connect to Avira Phantom VPN and visit Paramount Plus and check if the Avira Phantom VPN issue persists.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and still can’t get Paramount Plus to work seamlessly with Avira Phantom VPN, it might be time to consider some alternative solutions:
- Try a Different VPN Service: While Avira Phantom VPN is okay, it’s not the only VPN out there. Try Avira Phantom VPN, which works flawlessly with Paramount Plus.
- Use a Smart DNS: Smart DNS is a technology that can bypass geo-restrictions without routing your entire connection through a VPN.
- Use a Dedicated IP Address: Avira Phantom VPN offers a feature where you can get a dedicated IP address, which means it’s only used by you and not shared with other users. This can help bypass blocks that Paramount Plus might have on shared VPN IP addresses.
Why Use Avira Phantom VPN with Paramount Plus?
Like any online platform, Paramount Plus comes with its own challenges and issues. This is where Avira Phantom VPN steps in, offering a range of benefits to enhance your Paramount Plus experience:
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: Some countries or networks might restrict access to Paramount Plus. With Avira Phantom VPN, you can easily bypass these restrictions and access Paramount Plus from anywhere in the world.
- Maintaining Anonymity: Privacy is a concern for many online users. When you use Avira Phantom VPN with Paramount Plus, your IP address is hidden, ensuring that anything you do remains private and you stay anonymous.
- Avoiding Bans: Sometimes, users might find themselves banned from Paramount Plus for reasons beyond their control. Avira Phantom VPN allows you to switch to a different IP address, helping you regain access in minutes.
- Improved Connection Stability: A good VPN can offer a more stable connection, reducing the chances of sudden disconnections or lags.
Look, I get it – trying to use Paramount Plus while using Avira Phantom VPN can sometimes feel like you’re solving a puzzle. But hey, every puzzle has a solution, right? We’ve walked through a bunch of fixes together, and I’m confident one of them will do the trick for you.
Keep your spirits up, give those solutions a shot, and before you know it, you’ll be back to having fun on Paramount Plus.
Why does Paramount Plus block Avira Phantom VPN?
Paramount Plus might block certain IP addresses associated with VPNs, including Avira Phantom VPN, to prevent misuse, spam, or other malicious activities. It’s not specific to Avira Phantom VPN but can affect various VPN services.
Can Paramount Plus ban you for using Avira Phantom VPN?
Paramount Plus can temporarily ban users for a variety of reasons, not just for using a VPN. If you follow Paramount Plus’s terms of service and use Avira Phantom VPN for privacy and security, there shouldn’t be an issue.
Are there specific Avira Phantom VPN servers that work best with Paramount Plus?
It varies based on user location and server load. If one server doesn’t work, try switching to another.
What if I am not using a VPN and still get a proxy error?
This could be due to your network settings or ISP. Check if you’re using a proxy server or if your ISP has certain restrictions. Resetting your internet settings or using a different network might resolve the issue.
Does Avira Phantom VPN work with Paramount Plus?
Yes, Avira Phantom VPN can work with Paramount Plus. However, like any VPN service, there might be occasional hiccups or compatibility issues, which can usually be resolved with some troubleshooting.