We’ve all been there. You’re ready to jump on Fortnite, but something’s holding you back. It’s that annoying issue where Atlas VPN isn’t working with Fortnite for some unknown reasons. Frustrating, isn’t it? But don’t worry, you’re not alone; this problem is more common than you might think.
In this guide, we’ll explore why Atlas VPN is not working with Fortnite and provide practical solutions to get you back on track. Whether you’re using Atlas VPN to maintain your privacy or bypass IP Bans, we’ll walk you through the common problems and troubleshooting steps to ensure a smooth Fortnite experience.
Atlas VPN not working with Fortnite? Here’s how to fix it!
So, if you’ve been scratching your head, wondering why Atlas VPN and Fortnite aren’t playing nicely together, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make Fortnite work while connected to a Atlas VPN server and fix any issues you may have.
Why is Atlas VPN not working with Fortnite?
While Atlas VPN is a reliable and popular VPN service, there are times when it’s not working properly with Fortnite, and the reason for it isn’t so obvious.
Here are some of the most frequently reported problems when using Atlas VPN with Fortnite:
- Proxy Error Message: This is perhaps the most common issue. When you try to access Fortnite, you’re greeted with a message saying you’re using a proxy or VPN, even if you’re using Atlas VPN.
- Slow Connection Speeds: Sometimes, even if you can access Fortnite, the connection might be painfully slow.
- Automatic Disconnection: In some cases, users have reported being disconnected from Fortnite without any clear reason.
- Access Denied or Not Loading: Even with Atlas VPN activated, some users find that they can’t access Fortnite at all, with the site simply refusing to load or open.
- Temporary Bans: Fortnite might temporarily ban users who are accessing the platform via a VPN.
- Inconsistent Server Connections: While some Atlas VPN servers might work perfectly with Fortnite, others might not, leading to a hit-or-miss experience.
If errors don’t seem to go away, we recommend you switch to a different VPN provider.
We suggest NordVPN since it’s hands down the best VPN on the market right now.
1. Checking Your Internet Connection
It’s always a good idea to start with the basics. Your internet connection is the backbone of your online activities, and a weak or unstable connection can be the root cause of many issues.
Here’s how you can ensure your internet is up to the task:
- Test Your Speed: Navigate to websites like Speedtest.net or Fast.com to check your internet speed.
- Restart Your Router: Sometimes, simply turning off your router for a minute and then turning it back on can resolve many connectivity issues. It’s a quick fix that often works wonders.
- Test Atlas VPN: Check if Atlas VPN is working and changing your IP Address by visiting What is my IP address?
2. Ensuring Your Atlas VPN App is Up-to-Date
Running outdated Atlas VPN software can sometimes cause issues, including issues like not allowing you to connect on specific websites like Fortnite.
Here’s a quick guide on updating Atlas VPN:
- Check Your Version: Open Atlas VPN and go to ‘Settings’ or ‘About’ to see your current version.
- Visit Atlas VPN’s Website: The official download page will show the latest version.
- Update If Needed: If your version is outdated:
- PC: Download and install the latest version from the website.
- Mobile: Update the app via your device’s app store.
- Restart: After updating, restart both the app and your device.
- Log In Again: You might need to sign back into your Atlas VPN account.
3. Switching Atlas VPN Servers
Sometimes, the server you’re connected to might be the issue that Atlas VPN is not working with Fortnite. Switching to a different Atlas VPN server can often resolve connectivity problems with Fortnite.
Here’s how to change VPN servers on Atlas VPN:
- Open Atlas VPN: Launch the app on your device.
- Disconnect: If you’re already connected to a server, disconnect from it.
- Choose a Different Server:
- You can select a server from a different country or another within the same country.
- Atlas VPN also offers specialized servers. Try connecting to one of those.
- Reconnect: Once you’ve selected a new server, connect to it.
- Test Fortnite: Visit Fortnite and see if the issue persists.
Switching servers can bypass potential regional blocks, VPN server blocks, or overloaded servers, ensuring a smoother experience on Fortnite.
4. Clearing Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Over time, your browser saves data from your online activity that can sometimes interfere with how websites, including Fortnite, function. Clearing this cache data and cookies can often resolve VPN connectivity or loading issues.
Here’s a quick guide:
- Open Your Browser: Whether you’re using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other browser, launch it.
- Access Settings: Navigate to the browser’s settings or options menu.
- Find Clear Data Option: Look for options like “Clear browsing data“, “Clear cache“, or “Clear cookies and site data“.
- Select Data to Clear: Ensure you’re clearing both cookies and cached images/files. You can choose the time range (e.g., ‘Last hour’, ‘Last 24 hours’, ‘All time’).
- Clear Data: Click on the clear or delete button.
- Restart Browser: Close and reopen your browser.
- Test Fortnite: Connect to Atlas VPN, visit Fortnite, and check if the issue has been resolved.
Remember, clearing cookies will log you out of most websites, so have your login credentials handy for any sites you frequently visit. You can always keep all your passwords in one place by using NordPass.
5. Disable IPv6 Addresses
IPv6 is the latest version of the Internet Protocol, but not all platforms and services fully support it yet. Disabling IPv6 can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with Fortnite when using Atlas VPN.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Network Settings:
- Windows: Go to ‘Control Panel‘ > ‘Network and Sharing Center‘ > ‘Change adapter settings‘.
- Mac: Go to ‘System Preferences‘ > ‘Network‘.
- Right-click on Your Connection: This could be your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Access Properties:
- Windows: Choose ‘Properties‘.
- Mac: Click ‘Advanced‘ and go to the ‘TCP/IP‘ tab.
- Locate IPv6:
- Windows: Uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)‘.
- Mac: Set the ‘Configure IPv6‘ option to ‘Link-local only‘.
- Save and Exit: Confirm any changes and close the settings.
- Restart Your Device: This ensures the changes take effect.
- Test Fortnite with Atlas VPN: Try accessing Fortnite while connected to a Atlas VPN server again to see if the issue is resolved.
6. Use Fortnite on Your Computer/Laptop
While Fortnite is accessible on various devices, including smartphones and tablets, using it on a computer or laptop can sometimes offer a more stable experience.
Here’s why and how:
- Better Stability: Computers and laptops generally have more robust hardware and software, ensuring a smoother browsing experience.
- Easier Troubleshooting: It’s simpler to adjust settings, clear cache, or make other changes on a computer compared to a mobile device.
- VPN Compatibility: Some VPN features or settings might be easier to configure on a computer.
7. Try a Different Browser
Sometimes, the browser itself can be the source of the problem. Switching to a different browser can help identify and potentially resolve the issue. So if you followed all the previous steps and Fortnite is still not working while using Atlas VPN, then do the following:
- Choose an Alternative: If you’re using Chrome, consider trying Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera.
- Install and Update: Ensure that the browser you’re switching to is updated to the latest version.
- Disable Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with VPN connections or website functionality. Start with a clean browser or disable extensions to see if that resolves the issue.
- Access Fortnite: With the new browser, connect to Atlas VPN and visit Fortnite and check if the Atlas VPN issue persists.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and still can’t get Fortnite to work seamlessly with Atlas VPN, it might be time to consider some alternative solutions:
- Try a Different VPN Service: While Atlas VPN is okay, it’s not the only VPN out there. Try Atlas VPN, which works flawlessly with Fortnite.
- Use a Smart DNS: Smart DNS is a technology that can bypass geo-restrictions without routing your entire connection through a VPN.
- Use a Dedicated IP Address: Atlas VPN offers a feature where you can get a dedicated IP address, which means it’s only used by you and not shared with other users. This can help bypass blocks that Fortnite might have on shared VPN IP addresses.
Why Use Atlas VPN with Fortnite?
Like any online platform, Fortnite comes with its own challenges and issues. This is where Atlas VPN steps in, offering a range of benefits to enhance your Fortnite experience:
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: Some countries or networks might restrict access to Fortnite. With Atlas VPN, you can easily bypass these restrictions and access Fortnite from anywhere in the world.
- Maintaining Anonymity: Privacy is a concern for many online users. When you use Atlas VPN with Fortnite, your IP address is hidden, ensuring that anything you do remains private and you stay anonymous.
- Avoiding Bans: Sometimes, users might find themselves banned from Fortnite for reasons beyond their control. Atlas VPN allows you to switch to a different IP address, helping you regain access in minutes.
- Improved Connection Stability: A good VPN can offer a more stable connection, reducing the chances of sudden disconnections or lags.
Look, I get it – trying to use Fortnite while using Atlas VPN can sometimes feel like you’re solving a puzzle. But hey, every puzzle has a solution, right? We’ve walked through a bunch of fixes together, and I’m confident one of them will do the trick for you.
Keep your spirits up, give those solutions a shot, and before you know it, you’ll be back to having fun on Fortnite.
Why does Fortnite block Atlas VPN?
Fortnite might block certain IP addresses associated with VPNs, including Atlas VPN, to prevent misuse, spam, or other malicious activities. It’s not specific to Atlas VPN but can affect various VPN services.
Can Fortnite ban you for using Atlas VPN?
Fortnite can temporarily ban users for a variety of reasons, not just for using a VPN. If you follow Fortnite’s terms of service and use Atlas VPN for privacy and security, there shouldn’t be an issue.
Are there specific Atlas VPN servers that work best with Fortnite?
It varies based on user location and server load. If one server doesn’t work, try switching to another.
What if I am not using a VPN and still get a proxy error?
This could be due to your network settings or ISP. Check if you’re using a proxy server or if your ISP has certain restrictions. Resetting your internet settings or using a different network might resolve the issue.
Does Atlas VPN work with Fortnite?
Yes, Atlas VPN can work with Fortnite. However, like any VPN service, there might be occasional hiccups or compatibility issues, which can usually be resolved with some troubleshooting.